"Sharing is Caring" Mod Permissions

ApexMods

• 2 weeks later...

I think I've been pretty clear in the past, but all content I am responsible for I am happy to dual license under the license proposed in the OP as well as GNU GPL 2 or later. This includes:

The Outpost

- Map

Oso did quite a bit of finishing work, but I'm confident he's fine with me licensing it however I'd like.

Project Sentry

- All hh_airport* maps

- All mission scripts

17 Server-side Mission Pack

- All mission scripts

(I think this mod was largely ignored because many people found the missions too easy. But there are a lot of good foundations here if some modder wanted to update them with more enemies, more randomness. I don't think they were ever played much outside of my small group.)

If any mapper would like the original max files for any of my maps, I'm happy to share them.

• 2 weeks later...

101st Airborne Division 2009: Desert Siege (Armoured Core 4);

Taskforce Thresher Project: Sons of Thunder; and

US 1st Infantry Division 2008-2009.

Feel free to loot and pillage.

Forgot my password and had shut down my old email. Blast

Go nuts on those retextured maps etc...

I think I've been pretty clear in the past, but all content I am responsible for I am happy to dual license under the license proposed in the OP as well as GNU GPL 2 or later. This includes:

The Outpost

- Map

Oso did quite a bit of finishing work, but I'm confident he's fine with me licensing it however I'd like.

Project Sentry

- All hh_airport* maps

- All mission scripts

17 Server-side Mission Pack

- All mission scripts

(I think this mod was largely ignored because many people found the missions too easy. But there are a lot of good foundations here if some modder wanted to update them with more enemies, more randomness. I don't think they were ever played much outside of my small group.)

If any mapper would like the original max files for any of my maps, I'm happy to share them.

Great idea!

you have my permission to use my mods Silent Warrior 1, 2, and 3.

Thanks to all you guys! Very much appreciated! :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Apex Mods.

My Stalker V1 Redux and AUSCAM SASR are free to use. Please note there are more modders who contributed. Giweda's content is also free to use, as he stated it in this thread.

Regarding all others, I dont know tbh, maybe they also contributed to this thread already (sorry didnt check), but I believe it would be no problem.

Every other content I made for other modes (mostly Sixpence Mods, but also some others I dont remember) are free to use.

My skinning materials (as already stated in this thread: http://www.ghostreco...showtopic=16699 ) are also free to use.

All of my content can be modified, retextured, rescripted and so on.

Stalker V1 Redux http://www.ghostreco...act=view&id=599

Auscam SASR http://www.ghostreco...?act=view&id=11

-Stalker

Edited by Stalker

Addition:

As Stalker V1 was released as Redux Version and I also was working on Stalker V2 ( http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=20084&hl=stalker ) which I never released I want tocontribute the unfinished stuff also to the community. Let me just check my old backup-cds.

If I can still find it, you'll get the whole package.

Guys, what will you say if Neutron and Wolfsong is giving permission to their stuff :shifty:

Any news on that?

And while we're on the subject, may I remind everyone to please spread the word about the GR.net "Sharing is Caring" initiative to any GR modders you got in contact with recently. Some of you post in other threads that you just got permission for something, so please ask the corresponding authors if they'd be willing to grant permission for their work here via the "Sharing is Caring" license.

Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

Uksf campaign I would like to use a few textures and possibly other parts from this mod.

It was called a "campaign" however funnily enough it featured zero missions to play.

I can't seem to find it on the downloads section anymore so I'm unsure who to ask for the relevant permissions :/

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Please advise:

For my 'no death messages' mod, which I would like to post publicly, a change has to be made to each additional mod that you would like to play without death messages. This change is, simply, replacing the variable for ActorName with a space charcter.

To get my mod to work with other mods, you simply have to go into the "Actor" folder of a given mod and edit that variable for each actor file. I say "simply", but in some cases there are hundreds of files to edit. (I've done it with automation macros to make it easy for me.)

What I would like to do is include an "Extras" folder in my mod and add a zip file for each mod's "Actor" folder that I have already done the work on for my own game play. In this case I have already done the work for the following mods:

- Centcom

- Frostbite

- P2 Cold Day in Hell

- Rockall

- Year of the Monkey

Aside from Rockall (Thanks, Tinker!) I do not see any permissions granted for including content from the other mods in mine if I post it publicly. Not including those files in my mod as extras simply forces everyone who wants to play those mods wihtout death messages to go through the same tedious work that I've already done to get it to work.

So my questions is, since it is so difficult to get in touch with authors of older mods, should I simply bag the idea of helping others not have to do all of that file editing? My mod works perfectly with GR/DS/IT, but messages will start appearing again if it is used with any other mods, unless you use one of my proposed included zip files or do all of the work yourself to achieve the same result.

What do to?

-Doc

EDIT

I would like to add the following mods to the open permissions list:

- EOTech M40GL Reticule

- M24 Ballistic Rifle

- Panoramic Night Vision

They may be freely used in whole, or in part, by anyone.

Edited by Doc. Caliban