Ghost Recon.net Forums
ROCO*AFZ*

Death of a legacy - AttackforceZ is shutting down it's website

Well maybe not a full death but since there are no real competition laddering type games around and our website because of this has slowed to next to nothing, we opted not to renew the hosting.

We may however host it somewhere for free as i backed it up or revitalize it if a miracle happens and we get a good competition game but for now it's no longer worth paying for it.

For those of you that remember us we matched at TCZ and other ladders and released some mods by GRMODDER that took ghost recon (OGR) to a new level with team vs team vs AI gametypes and such. You would finds us in all the major Ghost Recon places like the platoon and anywhere else that involved matching clans throughout the years. We beta tested GRAW 1 and GRAW2. The website was started before i joined in 2002 (when OGR released) and had been up ever since till yesterday (10 years :( ). We are all a group of online gamers though so unless we end up getting picked up by other clans, you'll still see us wearing our tags *AFZ*.

Thanks for all the great years of gaming with you all -

And here is hoping some day we'll get some more of them

ROCO*AFZ*

Sorry to hear about AFZ closing its website, but as they say all good things must come to an end sometime.

Cherish the memories :thumbsup:

Yeh when I shut down our squad site at Tactical Elite it was a difficult decision to make, but we were small fry compared to AFZ so I can appreciate how difficult this miut have been for you.

Keep some stuff safe, like any recordings you have etc, it's fun to look back now and then and recall what you had achieved.

do we have a place where the mods and gametypes were uploaded to? id like to make sure I have them. We (Seawolves) still use the firefight gametypes religiously so I wanna make sure I keep backups of everything as well.

Rocky - Yeah definately was a hard decision and i think just for the memories is why we kept it up and going this past year as there hasn't been much activity.

Twcrash... pm me your email address. I think the mods were small enough that i can email them to you. Yeah the firefights were awesome. We weren't even a co-op team but the AI were tuned up so agressive it was almost like you were playing another squad. Also the Team Vs Team Vs Ai put a new twist to it. OGR had so many options and we were glad to contribute them to the community.

If anyone else wants them also, pm me and i'll make sure to send you a copy. They were a blast. We even have a few missions.

Hey Roco, sorry to hear it , but agree totally , as does most of the remaining IRA Clan. maybe it will happen someday ..

Cheers Ooshook -IRA

Hey oshook...blast from the past. A few of us are playing BF3 to kill time. If you play it at all look me up...ROCO75 . Super still plays with us.

Hey Roco,

Long time, sad to see things have closed down. You did a great job with the can and the site.

Not gaming myself anymore. Waiting for something that resembles OGR appears then we'll see...

Take care and my best to all former AFZ

Great gaming those days, miss it much

Peace (AFZ member 2005-2008 or so)