the game's longevity

gvse

Hello folks,

A question for those who have the game: what do you think of the replay value of the SP portion. Are there alternative routes, different ways to accomplish goals, is enemy AI challenging, how open are maps (splinter cell: conviction-open or larger?), and what changes once you increase game difficulty (lower health, more accurate AI, etc.)?

The Longevity of the game has suffered to be honest. It is for the most part linear, though you can attack the mission from a different angle you are still limited to how far you can go in the map, (which isn't very far). Add to that the fact that you are limited to how many ppl you can play with (3) and no drop in drop out and a limited amount of MP options and Co-op modes and your looking at a limited life span. This will not have the long lasting appeal like GRAW2 had. It's good but lacks in a lot of areas.

Yeah I don't think there's a lot of replay in the SP campaign. It does give you some options on how to run a few of the missions, but in a lot of places you're forced to do things one way or another. Plus none of the in-game cutscenes and cinematics are skippable, and that gets old reeeeally quickly. I'm not sure how well difficulty ramps up because I started on the highest setting - its not particularly difficult compared to some games, but at least it's more challenging than the SP in GRAW and GRAW2.

Just a note, the pre-mission intro cinematics and briefing sequences CAN be skipped. However, in-mission cutscenes and brieifings cannnot. Atleast it's not as bad as Max Payne 3. Don't get me wrong, MP3 is a great game and all, but the cutscenes at the start of each mission are insanely long and cannot be skipped UNTIL the game has loaded the relevant mission data, which is usually after 5 minutes.

OK, thanks for the input. I am very curious about enemy AI as they can easily break the sense of immersion if they are moronic. Im having a blast now in Arma2 post 1.60 patch and all the recent betas whereas prior to that I would quit missions due to frustration.

Sad to say that for me there is no replay value in SP. As the guys say above the missions are quite linear. There is a little bit of choice as to how you get somewhere on some maps but most times you just follow the corridor while you play "baddie whack-a-mole" Breaching rooms etc... are all scripted or slow-mo events so there is no tension as you enter a room.

You cannot give your AI buddies any orders other than to tag an enemy for them to shoot. They fight pretty well as do the enemy AI. Customising weapons was ok but as usual it's funny that a Special Forces Team has to unlock a grenade launcher before they can use it in a mission.

The story and characters are also very forgettable, makes me long for the days of Scott Mitchell and his cheezy dialogue. (I did enjoy both GRAW's on PC & 360 even though they weren't OGR btw)

For me there was none of the elements that make a game a Ghost Recon game. I felt like I was at playing a 3rd person CoD at times and Mass Effect or Gears of War at others.

Thats' my thoughts on SP only, I haven't played MP or Co-Op which I suspect is where Ubi will be hoping this game gets its legs from.

Just a note, the pre-mission intro cinematics and briefing sequences CAN be skipped. However, in-mission cutscenes and brieifings cannnot.

Right - I should have made that clear. The in-mission ones are the really annoying ones though. They break up the flow of the action and get old very quickly if you have to repeat a section. And there's one in particular where they apparently forgot to pause the action during the cinematic, and I got killed while it was playing..lol

How's it going folk's.

Personally this is the first "GR" that dosnt feel like a Ghost Recon game to me.

Playing Graw & Graw2 had that appeal,that draw,that attraction that made you want to get online and team up,

work together,play well and get your tactics down and the job done.

GRFS to me is missing the "essence" of what GR is supposed to be.

And Mitchell,he's supposed to be a major in Grfs SP right,giving you overhead feed and intel,I thought that's why he was mentioned to be in Grfs,Ubi said it was official he was in it,so lol where is he?I havnt seen him,so legendary of a ghost you dont even see him in game.

Now THATS a Ghost.

AI in Grfs...... meh,AI in R6V2 now THAT was good,that was a game you would play with guys and say,Oh damn here they come,run away lol.

I could go on but meh,I feel really let down by this "title".

Graw 3 with no Bs,anyone?

Edited by FifaJay

Mitchell is in there... For example if you watch the first cutscene after the intro level, he's the guy with the cell phone who talks to Ghost Lead, and that's also him narrating the pre-mission briefings.

Mitchell is in there... For example if you watch the first cutscene after the intro level, he's the guy with the cell phone who talks to Ghost Lead, and that's also him narrating the pre-mission briefings.

In FS, the guy on the cell phone, Paez and the Mitchell have different voice actors. Most definitely, Mitchell is voiced by Steve Blum, while the cell phone guy and Paez both sound like they are voiced by the guy who VO'd Mitchell in AW.