Welcome to Ghost Recon.net Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

ApexMods

the "Ghost Recon Forever" Dedicated Server

422 posts in this topic

Thank you for that guide Silko, lack of information can be a barrier to anyone who is on the fence about joining or not, so many thanks for that excellent explanation, I shall try it out myself tonight!

Got to admit you were right Low Profile, much more fun having access to the setup screen so we could have respawns and Defend mode instead of random old mission mode every time. Wish I had time for more games right now.

Thank you so much for all your help and this excellent guide in particular, silco! :thumbsup:

Mumble servers are listed in the OP now!

Mumble Server 1 (North America):

Server Name: Ghost Recon Forever (Mumble USA)

IP: 74.63.64.134

Port: 3809

Mumble Server 2 (Europe):

Server Name: Ghost Recon Forever (Mumble UK)

IP: 91.204.208.31

Port: 3784

These chat servers will be usefull cheers, but how come you got separate UK and USA chat servers ?, when were on the server surely we would want to be in just 1 room ?

And now we see why a locked server is nice. Respawns, OICW grenade launchers, and spawn campers on team vs team mode. Thank goodness none of the others have the password. The old DKF guys are turning it into their server again.

Let's just give it a try for now. If it get's out of hand and people are unwilling to compromise we'll change it back to closed administration. Simple.

Okay, sounds good.

It was okay just got a little annoying after awhile with their all-caps demands when they were in no position of control.

just installed mumble, nice little program, just added both of your servers ready, thx

Just a quickie chaps, if you are in one of the Mumble servers and someone is acting the goat - and by that I mean constantly switching channels unnessesarily, playing loud music or generally acting like a little spoiled brat whilst you are trying to have a civilised game and refuses to stop please let us know (you can pm either myself or Apex if you wish to remain anonymous) so that we can take the appropriate action.

This should hopefully never be required but we can ip block unsociable people if it is deemed nessesary

Hello Consultant for GR.net

I appreciate you supplying us with a GR server to play....especially since the 10-12 year run of the DK server is over. I would like to make the suggestion to you, that you run the server with Reconlog and assign some responsible individuals to admin the server. Already, we are seeing a greater influx of players in the server. Many have been banned by various servers, and the now defunct, Replaycommittee. In the most recent games we are seeing a lot of glitching, tip-toes, and accusations of cheating, which lead to profanities, and even tk wars. Already some of the better and honest players are getting frustrated and possible thinking of uninstalling their GR game. Without the ability to review replays and to keep out the cheats, the server will soon go the way of the rest of the servers, and I for one....do not want to see that.

Cheers

Flyguy

I guess I should add..that with the password being on a public forum, and no admins monitoring, a lot of peeps think we should just play the maps they want to play, and will brazenly go into the game and change it to what they want. It's very childish...but that's what we're dealing with.

Wow dude, I haven't seen you on the server yet, and none of those things happened while I was on. Nobody is cheating, there are no accusations, nobody is cussing, and people aren't teamkilling. Perhaps you could point out who is uninstalling Ghost Recon? I'm not jumping to conclusions here but considering this is your first post on the site I would suggest you think twice before spreading lies here.

And now we see why a locked server is nice. Respawns, OICW grenade launchers, and spawn campers on team vs team mode. Thank goodness none of the others have the password. The old DKF guys are turning it into their server again.

I haven't seen that at all. I have seen some of the peeps that have played on the DK server, changing maps, but not the DK members. I prefer to have one person changing the maps, instead of everyone with the password doing it. If someone was first into the server or been on the longest and wants to do it great....what I don't like is new joiners, jumping right into the server and changing maps, and game play immediately...and it is happening.

You haven't seen respawns? Respawns are on every game. EVERYBODY uses the semi-auto six-round GL and it drives me nuts. Do you think only DK-F members should be able to change settings, or am I misunderstanding you? The issue is, let's say Joe was the admin, well what if Joe isn't there but I am? Then I wouldn't be able to change the server settings and we'd be stuck on some gametype we hated. Let's say Joe lost connection while he had the game set on the same map? Until Joe came back it would be the same map over and over again. Not a good idea. Either it is a public password, we get lots of admins, or we leave it locked.

What's your in-game username?

And what new-joiners are you talking about? The only guy changing stuff Saturday was me, [NH]9E. I let them choose what they wanted to no problem there.

well...I know you are relatively new to the game...and first off....that was my first post as I was concerned about what is happening on the server. Yes I have seen glitching myself...I seen numerous people calling =CHI=Kurupt a cheat and a hack...and yes they were cursing back and forth. What I don't understand as you weren't in the game yourself...where do you get off calling me a liar! Very childish and disrespectful, and yes..I did think twice about posting what I saw in game. I am in the server a quite a bit as I am retired and have lots of spare time during the day. I will not get into a pushing match with you in a public forum, I know what I saw, if you haven't seen me in game...then you didn't see what I saw.....be very careful about saying people lie, especially as you admitted...were not in game.....then your credibility becomes suspect!

Flyguy

I am not 'relatively new' to the game and you wouldn't know even if I was. I bought this game six years ago.

Please do not let this degrade into a slanging match.

Name calling will only end in arguments which will result in your posts being deleted.

I'm in game now

6 years ago is new..it's been out for 12.....but quit saying I lie..and just grow up, please.

Please do not let this degrade into a slanging match.

Name calling will only end in arguments which will result in your posts being deleted.

thank you.

This is why we cannot have nice things. >_>

admin...the server crashed and is still down.

back up..thanks

:)

Please, no liar or cheat accusations on this forum.

Any issues or suggestions with the server should be posted here or PM'd to me or ApexMods.

This game server will be a success and we welcome feedback, particularly from long time server admins such as DK. :)