the "Ghost Recon Forever" Dedicated Server

ApexMods

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been online some minutes ago and got my first multiplayer experience. As i come from GRAW/2 on XBOX 360 I expected an even less fast paced gaming. I was surprised, how fast it was and that explosives are popular. Ive never seen grenade launchers and people bombing the alleys on urban maps all the time in GRAW on XBOX. Is this typical gameplay for Ghost Recon on PC? Spawn camping sucked even more than I know from console gaming as I had some one second lives on roadblock in a row. I think Ive got to come back again and check if this is always the way it is played.

How funny I was asked for my age as I complained about the Call Of Duty style grenade launchers... ;-)

Have any of you guys been in one of the games I played (my player name is Julian)?

Julian, spawn camping and OCIW GL spamming are actually VERY common when doing TvT in Ghost Recon. You can expect it during every match.

I would suggest you stick to coop if you do not like it. I know I certainly only do coop with Ghost Recon.

Edited by Oelmuvun

ya julian that happens some times spawn rape

ii tend to stay by my spawn so i can ambush spawn rapers but it doesnt allway work

as for nade ya they such no skill involed at all using them just try not get into a postinon where you can get naded

important shoot and move

what is ociw gl?

i know spawn camping / base raping from graw and thats really annoying, but these one second kills in GR where the top...

maybe Im also not skilled enough with mouse and keyboard as Im a console / gamepad guy. but as GR doenst seem to be more tactical and slower than graw on xbox which, is also slowed down by fixed and low analog stick sensivity, i should go for team deathmatches on xbox and have my fun in coop missions and single player campaign with the original GR PC

I have been online some minutes ago and got my first multiplayer experience. As i come from GRAW/2 on XBOX 360 I expected an even less fast paced gaming. I was surprised, how fast it was and that explosives are popular. Ive never seen grenade launchers and people bombing the alleys on urban maps all the time in GRAW on XBOX. Is this typical gameplay for Ghost Recon on PC? Spawn camping sucked even more than I know from console gaming as I had some one second lives on roadblock in a row. I think Ive got to come back again and check if this is always the way it is played.

How funny I was asked for my age as I complained about the Call Of Duty style grenade launchers... ;-)

Have any of you guys been in one of the games I played (my player name is Julian)?

Yeh it sucked on that server yesterday, some guy called GW i think, was spamming me with grenade launcher at spawn on that alley map(4 times i was killed in like 4 seconds), it sucked, i complained to him but he just wrote LOL

Edited by Daytrader

The OICW GL is the underbarrel grenade launcher that can be fitted onto the Objective Individual Combat Weapon a.k.a Every Noob's Favorite Weapon. The semi-automatic grenade launcher combined with an extremely accurate and unrealistically superb assault rifle with the zoom of a sniper rifle is something you'd expect to find in Star Wars, not Ghost Recon. If it was that great in real life it would be used by the US Army today, but guess what: it was a complete failure so the project was cancelled.

what is ociw gl?

i know spawn camping / base raping from graw and thats really annoying, but these one second kills in GR where the top...

maybe Im also not skilled enough with mouse and keyboard as Im a console / gamepad guy. but as GR doenst seem to be more tactical and slower than graw on xbox which, is also slowed down by fixed and low analog stick sensivity, i should go for team deathmatches on xbox and have my fun in coop missions and single player campaign with the original GR PC

An OCIW is an assault rifle, the gl means grenade launcher.

GR one IS very tactical, however turning up on a server with a bunch of randoms, your not always going have a good outcome, pvp in GR can be great and very tactical just have a look at some of the videos on youtube and the stuff 'tacticalopsquad' lot do, as for myself , even with all of that I always find Coop a far more enjoyable experience, and in GR Coop can show you the true meaning of a tactical shooter, but again with the right crowd, playing with players who have their drills down and go in with somewhat of a plan, sometimes it can be border line serious but its still fun at the same time. Even 2 player coop is just as good as any (case in point a video here of myself and a friend

) but again, try and get some players to play with and as your new learn from as well, because as I said before you cannot always rely on john doe to be the player you want him to.

Regards Jeza

Edited by Jeza

Yeh it sucked on that server yesterday, some guy called GW i think, was spamming me with grenade launcher at spawn on that alley map(4 times i was killed in like 4 seconds), it sucked, i complained to him but he just wrote LOL

GW was on, too. I dont know, if he was one of the grenade launchers guys. I think I was nuked a lot of times by a guy call Maja or alike. So what...I dont want to blame anybody personally. Just wanted to mention that I never expected this kind of Call Of Duty grenade launcher gameplay in a game like Ghost Recon. However, I'll try again some times and will have a look for good coop games.

If ur bad at a game you shouldn't blame the game. You should try to get better. OICW Gl aint overpowered at all. Theres many weapons with less recoil, ex SA80, AK47 and AK74.

Play smarter and hide where its hard to get hit by the GL.

If you get spawnraped its your own fault ONLY. You've then failed earlier in the game by letting the enemy into your area.

Whining doesn't belong in this thread. Stick to practise instead.

Julian, spawn camping and OCIW GL spamming are actually VERY common when doing TvT in Ghost Recon. You can expect it during every match.

I would suggest you stick to coop if you do not like it. I know I certainly only do coop with Ghost Recon.

Oelmuvun, that depends entirely on what map is played and what gametype. If you play Training with explosives allowed you will certainly get it. On bigger maps with bushes and more players, you rarely see that happening. Your single-mindedness makes it sound like the game is unfair and unbalanced, which is completely wrong. I've been semi-pro CS:Source player, and played Ghost Recon for 12 years. Ghost Recon requires more skill than any other game I've ever played. Luck takes you nowhere in this game.

Edited by etreX

You are right, I am single-minded. I like to play coop in GR and that is that. (trees do not prevent spawn rape with bullets though)

You also cannot hide for the whole match.

I do not like being spawnraped as much as I do not like spawnraping someone else. That novelty wore off long ago in other games. And if I wanted to sit and shoot at stationary targets who cannot fight back all day I would not be playing GR.(or actually I might, but I would be doing riley's TOS training over and over)

Also, those other weapons having less recoil, so what? They do not have massive scopes on em. :P

They are different guns good at different things.

Please excuse me, I am going to go play AMRA II.

You are right, I am single-minded. I like to play coop in GR and that is that. (trees do not prevent spawn rape with bullets though)

I do not like being spawnraped as much as I do not like spawnraping someone else. That novelty wore off long ago in other games. And if I wanted to sit and shoot at stationary targets who cannot fight back all day I would not be playing GR.(or actually I might, but I would be doing riley's TOS training over and over)

Also, those other weapons having less recoil, so what? They do not have massive scopes on em. :P

You obviously have had bad experiences with GR multiplayer. Like many others, you tend to blame the game because you can't handle it. Ghost Recon has bigger maps compared to newer games, if Ghost Recon had no respawns only, people would die and wait for 10 minutes... Thats why almost all of the new games has small maps. Fast-paced randomness.

I respect that you prefer Co-op, but what I don't respect is when you step on what others prefer. Now please keep it to yourself.

Edited by etreX

You obviously have had bad experiences with GR multiplayer. Like many others, you tend to blame the game because you can't handle it.

I haven't had bad experiences with GR multiplayer. Oelmuvun hasn't had bad experiences with GR multiplayer. We've had bad experiences with team versus team games in which ex-CoD players prey upon tactical players by unleashing the wrath of the OICW grenade launcher. I can handle the game. Oelmuvun can handle the game. To suggest that we "can't handle" the game is a really pathetic insult. What we can't handle is the run-and-gun noobs who find pleasure in shooting people by the dozen as they enter the battlefield.

Ghost Recon has bigger maps compared to newer games, if Ghost Recon had no respawns only, people would die and wait for 10 minutes... Thats why almost all of the new games has small maps. Fast-paced randomness.

Is it just my misunderstanding of this statement, or is this totally unrelated to the subject?

I respect that you prefer Co-op, but what I don't respect is when you step on what others prefer. Now please keep it to yourself.

You obviously don't respect that we like co-op or you wouldn't be making this post. Nobody stepped "on what others prefer". He simply offered his opinion and views on the subject being discusses as everyone else has done. You may prefer to use "tactics" that, direct quote, got you banned 33 times back in the early years of GR, but some people respect the game and try to play it like it's meant to be played, instead of running around on Red Square and Polling Center with automatic grenade launchers, killing each other in their bases execution-style. Next time you feel the urge to insult somebody for offering their opinion, please keep it to yourself.

You obviously have had bad experiences with GR multiplayer. Like many others, you tend to blame the game because you can't handle it. Ghost Recon has bigger maps compared to newer games, if Ghost Recon had no respawns only, people would die and wait for 10 minutes... Thats why almost all of the new games has small maps. Fast-paced randomness.

What should I say? OMFG.

• 4 weeks later...

Just a little heads-up that we're currently in talks with etreX to join forces for a rebirth of the Ghost Recon Forever dedicated server. Many many thanks to extreX for all his efforts and for helping out with the search for a new dedi provider. Let's keep our fingers crossed that we find a suitable solution soon. Meanwhile I hope you all visit his open Ghost Recon Community server and web site at http://www.ghostreconcommunity.co.nr and have some fun there.