the "Ghost Recon Forever" Dedicated Server

ApexMods

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe because I was under the name of TOS.CPT.9E, my clan name, and I didn't get in but rather joined in progress of a game? I'm pretty sure it was the right time......

Nope, not under that name either for Mod NIght. :hmm: :no:

Even if you would have tried to join, and a game was in progress and you leave, it will still log name and IP.....

You were not there on that night.

Best Regards,

Saker

Its great to see so many people who still love this game.

We also run a server which is operational most weekends, we update server activity via Twitter and also keep things updated on our Facebook Page.

We operated a room called "Kangaroo Killers" back in old days when UBI Soft still supported this game

THIS MESSAGE IS FROM ANOTHER FORUM POST

=========================================

We are pleased to advise that a group of dedicated people still play and run a local Ghost Recon (2002 PC Edition) Server in Australia.

A Facebook page has been established which publishes the server information.

http://www.facebook.com/GhostReconAustralia

Hope to see you there.

I think most of us will agree that grenades are disabled because nobody enjoys constantly being on the receiving end of a semi automatic high-capacity perfect accuracy grenade launcher. The spawn killing is bad enough, we don't need explosives added to it. I wish there was a No Grenade Launcher setting though, used correctly I don't mind frags at all, the GLs are what get me.

I think the biggest problem is not the GL, but one of them (the OICW). The nade spam is really annoying for some people (I like it, it helps build the tension).

I like it as well, it's the way the game was meant to be played.

The only issue is when it lags a server,

Best Regards,

Saker

The only issue is when it lags a server

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it counts as one element, just like a bullet, right?

Or the arc calculations are capable of overloading the server?

You very well may be correct....as I am not familiar with the actual dynamics of the effects.

I remember when I used to run my server, I had a decent upload speed.

The GL wouldn't affect my server and it was very seldom that MM1 would either.

Most people that played on my server was here in the US and we would end a night session of games with "Rock the Server".

I would place the game in Arcade mode, Everyone had to take MM1, And we would play unlimited respawns for 10 minutes LMS on Ghost Town Clear.

It was very seldon, but it would at times crash the server...but that was fine, I had to test connection some way!

So maybe ....it is only MM1 that lags it badly.

Best Regards,

Saker

Hmm in reading through this... did i hear you have lms sometimes (Stock, no limits?) ? i may have to pop in. Any special night / time? I'm usually on after 10pm -5gmt.

As for mods... AttackforceZ had ran a ghost recon server for years. Here is what we found. To many mods in the server cause crashes. What we would do is when we wanted to play stock.. we cut and pasted all mods out of the folder to a seperate one. We could play mm1, and / or any weapon with no problems. When we wanted to play a mod, we would copy and paste the mod in the folder than activate it through recon log. Their was something about too many mods being on the server (at the same time) that would make it unstable or laggy especially when certain things were going on.

You all also are welcome to add the AFZFORCE gametypes Rocky uploaded to the mod section of gr.net just be careful with the "T" mode. It stands for Too many enemies and may crash the server on and off if their is over 4 co-opers playing. T was for too many enemies... i think it was like 120 of them. There is also a version for Team vs Team vs AI which had random AI running around in the middle of the map that would attack you and you got kills for killing. :)

Oh and one more thing... replays use to put a little stress on the server. Without them it can be smoother but then you risk cheating and such. Reconlog was sweet for managing them and even making them availalbe for public download. I did a lot of reviewing back in the day when matching at the combat zone, running our server and such. If you need any help reviewing one, shoot me a message.

Hmm in reading through this... did i hear you have lms sometimes (Stock, no limits?) ?

I was referring to my server. It * FNG WAR ROOM * & * SAKER'S WAR ROOM * respectively.

Not refering to running "Unlimited LMS" in the "Ghost Recon Forever Server" as this is not my server, it is ApexMods / GR.net's server.

Yes, I have heard before, about too many mods in the mods folder causing problems.

To my knowledge, we are not having any issue resulting from that.

Best Regards,

Saker

Necesito que me vean porque no he podido entrar al server de FOREVER alguna solucion??

TRANSLATED From Google Translate: I need to see me because I could not come to any solution FOREVER server?

Por favor, publique en Inglés, así como su lengua materna, en este sitio web como Inglés.

¡Gracias!

We need an IP to check!

Best Regards,

Saker

Edited by FNG Saker

190.164.xxx.xxx my ip, 2 weeks that i can not enter the server, thx!

That ip has been granted access, plz post any further problems. also might be good to edit your post and black out your ip as i did in this one.

Que ip se ha concedido el acceso, plz enviar más problemas. también puede ser bueno para editar el post y negro por su ip como lo hice en este caso.

Just a heads up that we are working on the "co-op and mods nights" schedule. I updated the opening post with a list of mods currently installed on the server. If you want to participate in the mods nights, I suggest you start downloading those mods and begin practice! :)