the "Ghost Recon Forever" Dedicated Server

ApexMods

. Do you think only DK-F members should be able to change settings, or am I misunderstanding you?

You are misunderstanding me...you mentioned DK members, earlier...I just said I hadn't seen any in there making it their server. What I do mean....you can have server admins, that can watch replays and see if peeps are indeed glitching or running cheats. One person was accused of Tip-toeing today. A post of the date/time and name of that individual can be pm'd to a admin, or a replay request can be made in the forums. If an admin watches it and sees said infractions, they can take actions with reconlong...ie 24 hour ban or longer. Also an admin in game doesn't have to choose all the maps...he can let others do it, if desired.....however if peeps keep going in the game and changing maps to what they want, the admin can put a stop to it. Personally I wish if we have the numbers, then we play each map as they come, but everyone wants Embassy, Polling Centre, etc...

Just my 2 cents

Flyguy

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not new to this game and have played since its inception. I have been playing in the server since the DK-F server went down. Unfortunately, Flyguy is right, I have seen a lot of players that are cheating as a matter of course. I have seen peek glitching, glass walls, crater glitching, and others. This server would benefit from having reconlog added. In addition, if let to continue, there will be no stopping the infighting, name calling, swearing and generally beligerent behaviour.

Point being, all everyone wants is fair play and fun in a game. With a host of players most know are using cheats, it does not make it fun for anyone except the cheater. Food for thought....the DK-F site required a host of admins to review replays and moderate the server, which, more often than not made the server much more enjoyable for everyone.

SneekyPete

Edited by sneekypete

Just like here, for the DK server, you had to join and get the password from the forums, which is a good idea. It changed every now and then, but not too often...makes people log into the forums more often and get involved.

Edited by Riverbc

Server restarted.

hi gangbuster, mi amigo...I don't think that option is available right now.....we have brought up the topic of Reconlog for the server.

We are recording gameplays now.

Server restarted.

hi gangbuster, mi amigo...I don't think that option is available right now.....we have brought up the topic of Reconlog for the server.

We are recording gameplays now.

Nicely done! :cheers:

We all need to get the word out - considerate - Try to self moderate the server and politely ask others not to be rude by changing settings or maps while someone else has been editing. The less work that admins have, the easier it is for everyone. If that does not work, then bring it up to an admin. Getting into an argument, shouting, or t'king match in the server solves nothing.

SneekyPete

Who's the admin? I'm guessing Rocky and ApexMods, or do you mean an admin on this site?

Once again I'm going to request a CHANGE OF PASSWORD. Please Apex, it's getting scary. I don't know how all these guys have it but either they have accounts here or they got it from a member because a ton of them have the password. It is pretty calm most times though, they ask what map but sometimes SB MANKE or one of them just set it to the settings they want and the map they want and sit in the server setup screen until it launches to keep us from fixing it.

Hello all,

Just wanted to say I'm glad to see Apex/gr.net has a dedicated server running OGR since many have fallen.

I recognise a few peeps here and glad to see the input from veteran OGR players and peeps that ran other servers in the past.

Best Regards,

Saker

Edited by FNG Saker

Hello all,

Just wanted to say I'm glad to see Apex/gr.net has a dedicated server running OGR since many have fallen.

I recognise a few peeps here and glad to see the input from veteran OGR players and peeps that ran other servers in the past.

Best Regards,

Saker

Hello, old friend! :cheers:

hi, just stopped by to introduce myself game name GW ...let me pick myself up off of the floor haven t seen or heard the name SAKER for quit some time ...glad to see you are still around.... i to have been playing this wonderful game for 10 years plus. i would like to suggest the fly guy for an admin pos. he to has been around a long long long time... :yay: . has been an admin. for other sites ,is comp. lit.,RETIRED...... just my 2 cents...thanks and thanks for having a gr site up :fingersx:

hi, just stopped by to introduce myself game name GW ...let me pick myself up off of the floor haven t seen or heard the name SAKER for quit some time ...glad to see you are still around.... i to have been playing this wonderful game for 10 years plus. i would like to suggest the fly guy for an admin pos. he to has been around a long long long time... :yay: . has been an admin. for other sites ,is comp. lit.,RETIRED...... just my 2 cents...thanks and thanks for having a gr site up :fingersx:

Yes GW...been some time since seeing you!

Yes, I am still around. Actually been around all along.

LOL

Great to see you made it in here....now for some OGR!

Best Regards,

Saker

GW! bout time you logged in!

SneekyPete

Get him Sneeky!

Edited by FNG Saker