Full Ghost Recon 1 Retexturing [Project Novo]

I love checking in on this Mod every couple weeks and being totally blown away -- every time... I almost hope this mod will remain a 'work in progress' forever, as seeing a final version release announcement will sort of sign the end of something that resonates with me about this project, Ghost Recon (Original) and gaming in general that feels like it ended at Ghost Recon... Keep at it Alex! I hope you and your Contributors are having as much fun working on it as I do following your work!

:)

Edited by 101459

thanks 101459, I'll certainly be keeping at it, and Wombat50's work has made this mod more amazing than I could ever imagine.

I can assure you as more things come along I'll be still working on this and updating it as much as possible. so it will always be a work in progress ;) just with full(ish) versions.

I've certainly enjoyed working on it, while some bits have been a little frustrating, it's been pleasurable so far.

News

Mission 15 WILL be getting a re-texture.

Some of the building textures may just be smoothed out and changed about a bit, this is due to lack of resources, but I'll make sure they are at least an improved, high quality version of the old textures.

Question

Do you think a summer version of Mission 15 should be included in the EXTRA folder?

:lol: thanks, guessing you like what you see?

why did you uninstall GR in the first place? i don't mean to sound interrogative or anything. I don't play online, but many people still do ;)

NEWS:

Project novo will (hopefully) also now have a small element of realism that may, or may not have been done before.

Removing the Sniper Rifle Reticle.

don't get your rifle strap in a twist just yet guys, what will happen is, the reticle will not appear on screen while zoomed out. while zoomed in, you will be greeted with a sniper scope like mask in which you can accurately take the target down.

however incase of bugs with screen resolutions, people will have the option to remove this feature and replace the old reticle.

NEWS:

Project novo will (hopefully) also now have a small element of realism that may, or may not have been done before.

Removing the Sniper Rifle Reticle.

don't get your rifle strap in a twist just yet guys, what will happen is, the reticle will not appear on screen while zoomed out. while zoomed in, you will be greeted with a sniper scope like mask in which you can accurately take the target down.

however incase of bugs with screen resolutions, people will have the option to remove this feature and replace the old reticle.

I thought about that before (using the scope mask as reticle), but I'm not sure it's realistic. Of course, while not looking through a scope, the reticle should be somewhat different, but scoped rifles can be used in CQB. Some scopes have simple iron sights mounted on top (think ACOG TA01), or allow you to still use the weapon's iron sight (PSO-1 anyone?). Also, there's one with pistol-like open sights on top (neat!).

It would be nice if we could simulate two reticles.

Well I just bought a new lappy, Zeealex. I guess it's not a reinstall. :P First install on this machine.

Yes. I really like what I see. I was wondering if this was going to ever happen, decided to check, and was very surprised to find this project.

I never used to play very much online, but enjoyed it when I did. I need to find a few good servers and get involved.

aaah, coolio! ;)

glad you like it so far though, expected release of the full mod is novemer 13th, so not long to wait yet.

GRForever is a new server set up by Apexmods, there are discussion threads all over the place, i wouldn't say i don't play online, more that i can't I'm on linux and the system locks up when i enter the multiplayer menu, which sucks greatly.

To remove them? in that case, yes something can be done ;)

this is the SR mask now:

ScreenShot30-4.jpg

ScreenShot29-2.jpg

the glory of this set up is, as you can see, you can completely remove the HUD by pressing F9, and the reticle will remain.

The firey tint is experimental, but it doesn't look that bad, it works well as a contrast enhancing lens as it were, good for dim light situes.

Mission 15 is nearly complete, but I'm not at all happy with the result, it barely looks any different as i don't want to touch anything that is based upon real places. it's ground has been changed and it is much more snowy, the buildings have been changed to ones similar to M05's and M10's

so my question to you is:

Does it matter to you if the GUM shopping center does not look like the GUM shopping Center from the outside?

i mean the GUM center is not positioned like that in Real life Moscow anyway, so it could be another shopping center of some sort.

what say you?

pz3

Not sure you know about

http://www.cgtextures.com/ or not.

It's a mainstay for me. Free tileable textures are about 700x700 but there are free higher res textures available but they aren't tiled. If you can use the PS offset filter this won't be a problem.

Anything in the MP1 retextured maps I have done for Project Novo are fair game.

Edited by wombat50

putting up a crash test of mission 15, I need a fresh pair of eyes or two, and a torch to shine some light on what the hell is going on.

please note that it isn't a BETA and it is to see where a certain crash is coming from, if at all on someone else's system.

keep a sharp eye and PLEASE test it!

Edited by Zeealex

Hey Apex, thanks, always good to hear your thoughts, i get the general idea of where the crash is, but as you can see, it was working perfect on the first load, the second load everything in the GUM doesn't work suddenly.

https://dl.dropbox.c..._Red_Square.rar

have fun, if you load it and nothing is immediately wrong, walk up to the shopping centre, it will crash as you approach from the southeastern car park entrance by the cafe.

Edited by Zeealex