GR.net's Best Thread

Didn't want to stray from the main topic of the thread I mentioned this in so I started a new thread.

This is the best post on this site. I have it bookmarked. I read it when I feel like laughing. It is hilarious. I mean, it's like some kind of comedy-soap opera-drama.

My link

Re-added it for convenience.

I'm gonna put some of my favorite quotes up here.

KK:

Hey Xavier. You sound like you think you're better than us, but by the looks of you i would guess that you're lucky to end up with anyone's comapany especially if they are of the female persuasion and not a cousin or a teacher.

KK:

i would also guess that I can have you on your back on two seconds begging for mercy hoping and praying that the crane kick does not run wild all over that dimple ridden jaw of yours. the new an improved KARATE KID has spoken. I'll be green belt soon.

ROCKY:

He's joking.

Well it looks like a joke to me. But then again it's not funny.

So I guess the KK should apologise for his poor excuse for a joke, just incase some bad attitude genuine black belt happens to be around

KK:

And much like defending the honor of a fair maiden in distress I am defending the honor of my fellow GR net buddies. So Xavier, if that is your real name, where's your apology? What say you!?

XO:

What say me? I say, 'Dude, you're a dork.'

KK:

Whole post deleted by Admin.

KK - the next time you post a personal remark about anyone on these forums, it will be your last post

-ROCKY

KK:

OK. I’ve been thinking about this and realize if karate has taught me one thing over the last four and three quarters months it’s to be a good sport. So Xavier I would like to apologize to you and the GR andiministrators for my temper. i took a good long hard look at your photo and think that under that war cry is probably a pretty nice guy with a lot of friends and pets that really like him

RAZOR

I'm posting this for Karate Kid. He PM'd me and said he's upset and crying (don't know whether I believe him) because he can't post on his computer for some reason, but he really wants to get this out there to all of you. It seems sincere and harmless enough.

ME---Wait, he PMed you, but he can't use his computer?---

KK

You probably don’t have a brother that makes fun of you all the time like I do. Like last week when he hid my karate belt and I had to go to class with masking tape around my waist. The karate teacher was reall y mad and yelled at me for being disrespetfful to the dojo. The tape broke durning practice and my ghi flew open and well it wasn’t making things any better. I had to do push ups in front of the whole class. So if I humiliated you I’m sorry because I know a few things about what that feels like

ROCKY

The problem is, none of us can figure out when KK is serious or joking.

Look at his last post - the masking tape in the dojo. That has to be a joke right.....? But I am not so sure.... he has totally lost me! So when he posts insults, again, we don't know if he is serious or joking, but we have to assume the worst.

KK

Ok. I ‘m back but I have to type quick because my brother might fing me in here and he doesn’t want me using his alienware anymore. To mak a long story shot we sorta had a fight. He pushed me off the couch and made fun of me infron of his girlfriend she laughed at me and called me a idiot so I called her a name to. Well he didn’t like that bvery much and started pushingme around. I ran out the back door but he caught me.....

.....the blocks I learned in karate a 1-8, but I could only remmber 6 of them. so I went on the offensive something my karate teacher wouldn’t like. My straight punch missed. Well he actually caught it and knocked my knees out and I fell in the dirt. he pinned me face down and cut my tail off I’ve been growing for the last two and half years with his hunting knife. It’s now tied to the cb antenna on his pickup. I’m even thinking of giving up karate now since it wasn’t much help

BOB

Do you not know what that "tail" line means mag?

MAG

His brother cut his winkie off with a knife?

AVEY

Well thats what i thought at first KP. I then later realised that he could mean tail, as in pony tail.

I hope, for KK sakes, that it is the latter.

KK

the tail was the source of my power kinda like jedi force powers and it's gone. i'm going to sneak out to the driveway tonight and take it back

ROCKY

Karate is not a sport. It was not developed as a sport. It was developed as a Fighting Art, a system of self defence.

Some have taken that and turned it into a sport, but that is not why most people learn Karate. They learn to defend themselves.

The techniques you will learn in a reputable Karate Class are not a "waste of time", they are lethal and extremely effective. Some people like to comfort themselves with the "it's no use in a real fight" come back. I am afraid nothing is further from the truth. Professional coaching applied to a competant student will result in someone who is more than capable of defending themselves.

Karate is not based on rules and regulations, Karate the sport is, Karate the martial art is not.

I also said that as far as effective defence (or offence) there is no need to stray from Karate. Some Karate styles are extremely effective, take Kyokushinkai for example, that is one seriously effective Karate style, one that you really do not wish to come up against.

There are classes that specifically train people in Self Defence, that is quite different from Karate, which is an Art and contains so much more than just Self defence techniques. If someone wanted to learn purely self defence and nothing more, I wouldn't send them to a Karate class. If they were looking to condition themselves, and learn an Art, and at the same time learn to defend themselves, then I would suggest Karate.

ME---The master has spoken. smile.gif---

WYTCHDOKTA

I thought this was a thread about who the most whacked out poster is?

ZANTAR

Ahh yes, nothing more entertaining then domestic violence.

SEALTEAM

Except when it's happening to you.

KK

i snuck a few games of GR in too last night. some nice action on the fortress staage. i had to get a used copy from microcenter because my bro threw my other copy in the creek out back with his friends while they smoked cigaretts. one of them tried shooting it with a bebe gun, but missed. it's too scratched to play now.

MCNAMEE

I just read this post from beggining to end, and it seems KK that you need to find help, seriously...

XO

Ya know, I'm not sure which is sadder. The fact that you guys bought this, or that KK may be featured on Mullets Galore.

MAG

Well done XO, I had bought it. KK, what you gonna say now?

ROCKY

Not very much, I just banned him.

rofl.gif

DAN

Round of applause for the big man.

BOB

You didn't ban him did ya? I wouldn't trust XO as far as I could throw the crazy face making midget.

ROCKY

I would.

BOB

KK won this poll. As a reward I was hoping he could be officially re-instated as a member. He told me he thinks people here miss him too.

RYAN

He thinks wrong.

GHOSTRECON50

I vote to allow him back.

AVEY

It's not a democracy.

WHITEKNIGHT

I will lock this poll/thread.

RYAN

Please do.

GHOSTRECON50

Wow this is the craziest thread I've seen on GR.net

So yeah, how's that for a few laughs?

Edited by RileyFletcher_01

Yeh thats a great thread and it tickles me to think you have it bookmarked, there are many more classic threads though, from around the same time period. It was really crazy back then.

Not sure why the link was removed though.... Admin? John?

I seriously go back to pages 200 or so in the off-topic section and look for all the locked ones. Those are always the best.

I just find that so funny.

There should be a name for someone who does that, seriously.

ps, Tinker is right, we usually discourage dredging up olf threads, but in this case, that is the specific idea, and it is cool to reminisce a little, so on this occasion, it's fine. :thumbsup:

Not sure the admin feel the same way. :rolleyes:

Please try to not dig up old topics.

:thumbsup:

Ah, come on now. It's part of GR.net's pedigree! We are already faced with losing Ghost Recon's history, could we at least acknowledge the one of this web site? Please?

*EDIT:

I seriously go back to pages 200 or so in the off-topic section and look for all the locked ones. Those are always the best.

I just find that so funny.

ps, Tinker is right, we usually discourage dredging up olf threads, but in this case, that is the specific idea, and it is cool to reminisce a little, so on this occasion, it's fine. :thumbsup:

Right on! :thumbsup:

Bored teenager?

Yeah you're right, I don't usually like bringing up history, but it's nice to remember the good old days. Speaking of which.......

My link

Sorry I had to do it. What does that thread even mean?

My link

That was a great one. Kudos to whoever started it.

My link

Just found this one, cracked me up. This belongs on Yahoo answers on the psychiatrist's chair, one or the other. Hilarious considering this is a Ghost Recon fan site.

My link

A classic GR.net world war.

My link

LOL at Pavelow, way to end that one.

Sorry, I'm very naughty for digging up all that stuff but I couldn't resist. Maybe I'll be forgiven. ohmy.gif

My link

That was a great one. Kudos to whoever started it.

Manamee and chems were buddies. Chems eventually got himself banned because he did some bad things here. Actually that's a good reminder for you Riley, as Chems was massive in the modding community, I still banned him though. :whistle: