Gunsmith, an absolute letdown!

Well it's been a few days now and over this period of time I've tried to play this "Gunsmith" on a number of different PC's and portable devices?

In a single word;

FAIL

If you guys overseas can freely customize weaponry at this time, it must be an Australian thing.

In short this "Gunsmith" is a total letdown. :angry:

well, I think the one in the actual game will:

a) be higher res

b) have more stuff

c) not use Unity

d) actually work

e) etc

I may be proven incorrect but I considered the web based one they showed off to not be a final product. (even if the web based one will still itself use unity)

Also, trying to use that interface with a mouse sucked. Seriously ubi.

Edited by Oelmuvun

Well I'm purchasing through Electronic boutique, they have a 2 week return policy.

But that's not the point, I've been waiting and looking forward to this game for a long time.

If the actual game follows suit with the stand alone Gunsmith than Ghost Recon have lost another fan.

UBIsoft will have a lot of unhappy Aussies as well!

Wow just saw the trailer for Spec Ops the line, that might be a good alternative if GRFS doesn't behave itself?

Edited by Anthonyf

Well it's been a few days now and over this period of time I've tried to play this "Gunsmith" on a number of different PC's and portable devices?

If you guys overseas can freely customize weaponry at this time, it must be an Australian thing.

I tested Gunsmith Free Mode on Ghost Recon Network from the UK to the candian website where GRN is-with three popular browsers and it just works, it's very smooth indeed, it might be your region then?. I can't connect to some websites, for example i can not connect to ms xbox-world.com, it's just impossible, i have tried a few different browsers, just no joy, strange.

gsg1.jpg

gsg2.jpg

gsg3.jpg

So far I've sent Emails to GRIN, Unity, and GR.net about the issue.

This doesn't fill me with confidence in this game.

Somebody better pull a rabbit out of a hat soon!

Well you really need to be sending your emails to UBI, GRIN created GRAW and GRAW 2 before closing its doors for busness and has nothing to do with GR:FS

Ghost recon.net is just a fan site not an officail UBI site :thumbsup:

Wow just saw the trailer for Spec Ops the line, that might be a good alternative if GRFS doesn't behave itself?

i suggest you play the original Spec Ops games first, Anthony :thumbsup: although crap in graphics, it's still quite fun to play, Especially in Airborne Commando, Tripwires all over!! :ph34r:

Spec Ops: The Line has been under development for years, i remember, i think it was last year hearing about the new development, seeing it for the first time was a big disappointment i was used to the lone wolf/Duo rangers game play, not Hollywood stuff, very much like GR in a sense but third person. when i saw "The Line" i was a bit skeptical. but time change and i can't wait!

To get back on topic:

FYI, the Web based Gunsmith is still under fierce development, so it may not work as well on some systems.

Edited by Zeealex

FYI, the Web based Gunsmith is still under fierce development, so it may not work as well on some systems.

I think it strange that I've tried to use Gunsmith on over 12 different PCs and hand held devices, (one of which was a high end gaming machine), and no luck.

You'd think the odds are that at least one would work?

I think it strange that I've tried to use Gunsmith on over 12 different PCs and hand held devices, (one of which was a high end gaming machine), and no luck.

You'd think the odds are that at least one would work?

Have you tried using a different browser? Did you install the Unity Web Player app required inorder to run it? Either way the Gunsmith will be much better in game than the version you see now. I consider the current Gunsmith much like a "flash game" version of it, which is commonly a lower quality version. What exactly is the error message you see by the way?

Yep,... used different browser, The error message;

Error launching unity player

Bad file length

I don't know if anyone else in Australia is going through this, but I find it bizarre.

Maybe you guys are right, I shouldn't take any notice of this "stand alone Gunsmith", and just wait for the game.

I've been told though that if a shareware version gives you grief, than the full version of the same game will be much the same?

Hmm interesting, I ll search around to see if there are any solutions. If I find any I will post them here. :thumbsup:

Awesome, thanks for that, the amount of emails I sent out over the last couple of days and the returns I've gotten, there's not much I haven't tried that's been suggested.

Ya know I've heard of dudes that have spent upwards of $600.00 on PC upgrades just so they could play an $80.00 game, personally I'm not that enthusiastic about GRFS. LMAO

Edited by Anthonyf

I thought I'd give the Gunsmith one last try this afternoon,...and wallah it worked OMG!

Big thanks go to those that worked on it, don't know what you did but I like what I see, and I'm looking forward to the game now! :lol::lol::lol::D

Edited by JohnTC02
Merged with existing topic: No need to start a new thread just because it's now working