[GR] Servers

Edit - sorry just noticed another identical titled topic, merge if necessary

Is the DK-F server the only one left for our beloved game? Besides a few clans that play on Sunday afternoons, I think that there are no other dedi servers running the game. I know that a lot of us are way too busy to even mod, much less play GR, but I was wondering if there were any other servers, especially those hosted or played on by GR.net members. The DK-F server is full of noobs spraying OICWs and SA80s, so not too inviting for me. They kick you and ban you quite frequently as well.

Edited by RileyFletcher_01

They banned the whole IP range of my country, but I do understand their measures. I always had fun playing at their server: TDM and siege, as I remember, where the most played modes.

There's a Chilean server, but I'm not sure it's up anymore (because you see most CHI players playing on DKf)

I found this list recently...

A list of servers known to have been online for an extended period.

Some date back to January 2011, but might be worth monitoring

(from a post on Steam by Hoak)

99.32.249.161:2346.......MS Dedicated WXP

98.26.254.28:2346.......The Medic Station

96.228.144.14:2346.......Wolf Den

200.111.170.34:2346.......Ghost Recon Chile

186.104.67.5:2346.......NO FEAR - HOST

87.106.216.11:2346.......GR Heros - 100Mbit Server

88.83.79.10:2346.......Danish Force [DK-F]

195.166.158.215:234.......seawolves.org/stat/

95.251.32.208:2346.......{A&O}Nuraghe

194.102.117.165:2346.......*TEK*SERVER OGR

81.167.113.138:2346.......* Naked Dwarfs *

81.167.113.138:2346.......The Borg Hive

85.146.74.69:2346.......unknown

216.83.79.10:2346.......unknown

84.48.228.41:2346.......unknown

50.129.19.247:2346....... pops WAR-zone

82.46.96.55:2346.......nomandown.co.uk

and I use GRStatTracker to track online games

I may host a no-respawn marathon, and can easily put up a dedicated server for you

but anyway, you may find some activity at 9ManSquad or join them would be a good idea

links and info

nomandown.co.uk

www.9mansquad.com

Is it possible to harass Rocky into putting one up so that this community would have their own server?

*Edit

If harassment does not cut it we can try blackmail! :P

I second the idea of a GR.net managed dedicated server for GR!

If neither harassment nor blackmail works to get Rocky onboard, I'll suggest bribery! :)

Definitely! We should rotate through all the mods in the GR.net download section. Well, maybe not ALL of them... that would require years of playing just for one rotation. But yes, plenty of jewels of GR modding slumbering there worthy of revivals on a dedi. I would love it!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Men, I't s been along time since I've been on here. I use to Host a Ghost Recon Sever long time ago. After some of the new games came out, alot of players just stopped playing GR. I kept it running for day's on end and no one played , Maybe 1 or 2 every now and then. I see some would like to have one backup and running. I have alot of Mods from the old Days. It wouldn't hard to start it back up. Right now I've have only the Gold Package on it right now. If I could get feed back on what Mods everyone would like on it

i'll load them up. Bring Back the Old Days, Ghost Recon Style :)

I'll Keep checking back on here to see if anyone is interested. If you have a mods you would like to have on it , just post it.

Scout

PS, this Server will been in the USA, EastCoast

Edited by =MS=Scout

I think we'll have better luck getting more people in the servers if the GR Games Room subforum is made public. I had to register just to properly access the link from the news post on the front page and see the server details. If that's too much then at least post the "Ghost Recon Forever" server details in a public forum.

I don't have to sign in to view the forums?

Anyway, yes, I think we should have another post titled 'Ghost Recon Forever', because some people may not have taken interest in the name of this topic. I think

'GHOST RECON FOREVER - GHOST RECON 1 SERVER OPEN!!!'

Would be more eye-catching.

Maybe another news posts Rocky? Popup ads? Browser redirects to this topic when trying to view Future Soldier topics? whistle.gif

Most of the forum is accessible without signing in. Most. Try signing out and click the link on the front page, you'll get an error: "[#10342] We could not determine which forum this topic is in."

The GR Games Room subforum is only accessible by people who are signed in. It doesn't even show up in the GR - Game Zone subforum if you're not signed in.

My clan is hosting a dedicated server. Currently hosted to be found at 75.134.158.42. (Central USA location). We are running just the stock game with expansions now, but am thinking of adding Heroes Unleashed. We have the server currently open to everyone. The remote admin password is in the MOTD so that people can select game types at will. If this becomes an issue that will be removed, but we would prefer to offer it.

We have already had a ton of fun playing coop and some DM/TDM style matches. A fellow OGR lover made a cool video out of our latest exploits that can be found on you tube. * There is some adult language.*

[media=]

Over all we just want to have fun, the only major rule is to not act like an jerk. Hope to see you all around.

I can be found on:

xfire: lordattica

steam: atticaptp

See you on the battlefield.

Edited by AtticaPTP

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Quoting an email I received today:

It is with very sad feelings, I unfortunately have to announce that i Sunday D. 08-07-2012 is closing DK-FORCE SERVER. This server has been running since 2001 December which provides over 10 years of active playing time. The reason for server shutdown is a shortage of money we have tried to seek sponsorship, unfortunately without success. It has been a pleasure to , here I dare say the oldest ghost recon server in the world, and probably also the most active server in the 10 years it has run. The site www.dk-force.dk will remain online, and I very much hope that all people still will continue to visit the site. Cheers Jimmy [DK-F]5.5 - Danish Force Staff

Sad...