Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Beta Thoughts in a Poll

[MAD]Inferno

Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Beta Thoughts  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have been reading on the forums for both ghostrecon.com and ghostrecon.net and it seems that most people are complaining about the beta. I am creating this poll to get an all around summary of the thoughts on the beta. I personally feel that the beta has a lot of issues that could easily be fixed with patches to make the game amazing. The 1st issue I have is the lag. I understand its a beta/demo and they are tweaking settings to make it right. I don't understand why the game has been in development for such a long time and it lags as much as it does. You would think they would have been testing the online servers for a while now.

Secondly, I think the grenades, sensor grenades, and most parts of the intel loop are over powered. It seems the game has a ton of grenade spam around objectives and if you have a team of players that normally play together using sensor grenades you don't have a chance in the world to come back and win. Also, the game seems to have a huge host advantage. I actually could tell I got host in one match and I could take bullets like crazy. I would be getting shot in the back and I could turn and take out the enemy in just a few shots. Even though it was an advantage for me, I dislike host advantage. It allows one person to run the show in multiplayer matches. The last issues I have with the beta are spawn camping, graphic issue, and frame rate that seems to drop below 30 fps from time to time.

Judging a entire game based on a beta is not right. I based BF3 on the beta and didn't purchase it because the beta was horrible. I am a huge fan of the original Ghost Recon so I want this game to succeed for nostalgic reasons as well as I want to see Ghost Recon games release in the future. I hope it sells a ton of copies and scores high on metacritic.

There are no servers - it's all user-hosted. I didn't host so I don't know about host advantage, but I did get killed a couple of times by people in cover who killed me before I was able to see the animation of them popping out. This was a big problem in R6 Vegas as well - you would think they would have learned from that. The intel stuff was definitely over-used. I spent most of my time in the game chasing around red dots rather than watching my surroundings.

Im finding playing the Beta I like it,but it does have issue's.

There many bugs that need to be fixed before release.

If there is a host option in the final product for game types like Conflict,

Id like to be able to have options in there,no markers,no press A and cover here,cmon.

I dont need them on my screen to jump into cover,I already know where I am going.

Id seriously Id to see a fatigue option,be in game and if Im running,I burn out after a few seconds.[it makes sense like]

@ The moment I feel like Sonic the Hedgehog with an ACR & grenades.

The game has potential,yes.Just fix up the bugs,and introduce things that will slow this game down for

people wishing to play more tactical and more of a GR feel,and the options to go with it.

Sometimes I feel like Im playing a mix of Socom 4/Us Navy Seals,throwing a nade also reminds me of playing

MGO [Metal Gear Online-Ps3],you know that *ding/pling" sound effect when you toss something in the beta.

Theres something C.o.D about it too,just my own opinion.

I dont know,just feels like a mix of other stuff Ive played before....I like it,but,you know the score,.

Host advantage on this game is as bad as the Gears of War games.

I also agree that the intel is slightly too good, mostly because there are no COUNTER intelligence options.

The game has some severe lag issues. Even in matches that have seemed fine, there will be situations where I am shooting someone to bits with hit marker SOUNDS and blood going everywhere, but no actual hit markers.

If there is a host option in the final product for game types like Conflict,

Id like to be able to have options in there,no markers,no press A and cover here,cmon.

I dont need them on my screen to jump into cover,I already know where I am going.

I agree it would be a much better game with that, but they've said there will be no option to turn that stuff off. It's sad...

I think the mp beta is just ok, only one major issue i had was a super lag freeze frame, i don't know any other way to explain it, i couldn't move, shoot smoke out nada zilch nothing no joy, all i got was host migration or something along those lines of text ha ha!. A region filter has been mentioned by others and i suppose this would help to know where the host is in this world, closer to home is a lower ping so less lag i suppose?. I appreciate being able to have a look/play at a small portion of GRFS multiplayer but i never really liked Ghost Recon competitive mp anyway, if i'm honest. Single player and co-op online i would prefer to try out, ha ha ha!.

what can i say, i played a few matches and over all it's a good approach at a "future warfair" attempt gagit wise but it still has a past feel of other games. Though this is a first impression, it could be a lasting one if this is what 95% of the game will be like come launch.

The character movement is nice, i like the speed of the character to get to cover quickly but you can make a mistake and just stop running to cover if you take your hand off the A button, leaving yourself exposed. Once you are in cover, your character seems to be magnatized to the cover and to move him off you have to literally pull him off the structure.

Guns are nice and powerfull but i don't get the idea of the seperate triggers. should have just left it the way it was with a few tweeks, If i change my mind in the middle of battle and want to switch to single shot, i'm screwed.

The maps appear to be small but i guess thats ok for the type of gameplay it is built for.

Graphics are a nice step up from GRAW2

The Gun range is nice and was needed.

I really don't like the unlockable weapons parts thing because this has been done to death. I really don't want to play 30 hrs just to get an attachment for my gun. All in all i would expect that in COD and other FPS games but not a Ghost Recon title. It should be all about the missions and the tools needed to acheive that mission. Give us the equipment and let us just go to work, but no i have to reach level x, y and z in order to make my character better or get a freekin drone for my engineer for example who is suppose to have a drone already cause thats his specilty,... its lame now.

I don't know but it seems like game companies are all about the run and gun communities. You can squeeze some tactics out of it for sure but i'll wait for the co-op game modes and the Campaign to see how that goes.

So far i'm happy to have a new GR title coming out and i'll pick it up for sure, it's been a long wait and some elements of the game feels good, but honestly i feel more of a in game tactical atmosphere when playing Operation Flash Point Red River or even Sniper Elite 2's demo.

But we'll know for sure come May 22nd. So far i like not love the Beta and i'm excited to see what the full game will bring.

I agree with most of whats been said above but not sure if they will have the time to fix all the faults ,spawn camping is already a joke. I could probably live with all the intel gadgets if the maps were 3 - 4 times bigger, currently you could probably cover the whole width of the map with two engineers with sensor grenades

After playing the game last night I am very close to canceling my preorder. The lag, not being able to spawn, disconnections from servers, overuse of sensor grenades/frag grenades, camping, spawn camping, and times where you can't even connect to a match; make this game horrible. I have been excited about GRFS for years now and I am a huge Tom Clancy fan but this is killing me. I dunno weather to keep my preorder just for single player and hope they fix multiplayer or cancel it because it is too far gone.

Edit: All my friends see the game the same as I do. They have canceled preorders and now I think I will do the same.

Largest map is Mill at 250m long and only about 90m wide. That's a joke and a slap in the face to all us GR vets. I was really hoping to see the return of GR:SS style maps with more open, organic terrain coupled with areas where we could utilize the new cover system. Instead, we get just the latter. These maps more closely resemble paintball arenas than real life warzones. You can't go 10 feet w/o seeing another knee-high cover piece. Movement speeds put even CoD and BF to shame. And Intel is a defense oriented players (aka "camper") nightmare. Call it what you want but this is no Ghost Recon game.

This is the last straw for me. I won't be purchasing this crap on principle alone. I could care less how good the other parts of the game are.

Edited by Lenney

Are you kidding me? 250x90? That's smaller than some of the CoD maps.

Sadly, I'm not kidding. Straight from the horses mouth. (Tommy Jacob) Even sadder still is the fact that only about 100m of that is visible due to a thick fog.

So they brought back the old-school [GR] fog? That annoyed the heck out of me, I even made a mod that removed all the fog because snipers were useless on half the maps.

Yep, at least on that map. It kinda makes snipers pointless when it takes the same amount of rounds from an AR to drop a guy and the AR's in this game have very accurate burst fire. If there's anything RS did right with this game, it's the guns. These guns feel more lifelike than probably any other game I've played with the exception of recoil and bullet spread which no game really gets right. But as far as weapon models, sounds and stats go, they nailed it. Sadly, that's the only thing they nailed.

i'm about to delete the beta from my xbox 360 and continue playing ghost recon online beta on my pc which in my opinion is much better. hopefully the pc version of ghost recon future soldier doesn't let me down too.

Not got to play the beta yet but something i am noticing from videos i am watching, is that it seems difficult to differentiate teammates and enemies.

Is it easy when actually in the game, or do you find yourself accidently shooting teammates?

Edited by Orodreth92

Not got to play the beta yet but something i am noticing from videos i am watching, is that it seems difficult to differentiate teammates and enemies.

Is it easy when actually in the game, or do you find yourself accidently shooting teammates?

no it's quite easy to tell the difference because the enemy are usually lit up bright red with sensor grenades or drones,it doesn't look like we're going to be able to switch them off either, apparently they're intergral to game play. An absolutely outstanding idea well done to the genius who came up with that one. :wall: