Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

General Weapon Modelling

8 posts in this topic

Posted

So now that I've gotten over being a scripting noob, I get to pester ya'll with modelling questions.

I'm following the Weapon Modelling tutorial on the Recon section, and I've gotten to this part of the tutorial.

Now in the front view port zoom and pan until you get the handle in the centre of your view.

I did the required steps before that, but when I hit OK, nothing comes up in the screen.

My link

That's the tutorial.

Posted

I don't use Max to model (don't have a copy, I'm making everything on Milkshape). So what's exactly the issue? The background image doesn't show up?

Posted

Did you checked "Display Background" option? Also what kind of picture did you used? Large resolution pictures can be a problem for older max versions.

Posted

I got it to work by creating a box and 'wiping' the box across the screen, which made the image show up.

Does anyone have the Ghost Recon Scaling Weapons max files on hand, that you use to scale your model with? The link is broken in tutorial.

Posted

Thanks I got some .max guns and an object and texture pack from the download section now.

Posted

Any vehicle modelling guides, or is it the same as weapons?

Posted

would have thought they would be the same as weapons :/