Anti-Cheat for GR:FS

I have a question. We have all heard that GRO (Ghost Recon Online) will have "Punk Buster" by "Even Balance" implemented into the game. But there is no word of it going to be in GR:FS. Well why not GR:FS? After all won't FS be the superior game? I think Ubisoft should be focusing on FS Rather than GRO. Or has anyone heard different? If not implementing Punk Buster I think Ubisoft should start cracking down on the cheaters hard like banning the player for life if caught just like "BF3" does. Cheating spoils it for everyone and I am sick of the Wallhackers,Speed cheats,Aimbots etc. UBI needs to open there eyes a little more and start focusing on the this subject. And for crying out loud of GR:FS PC is being made by UBI Singapore I hope it is nothing like GRO and for that reason I am hopin GR:FS will be a Port.

I get the impression (someone will correct me if I'm wrong) that GR:FS is will be COOP only, and even if there are versus modes of four vs four squads the opportunity for cheating with just eight people in a game should be pretty marginal -- or that's my hunch anyway.

:huh:

I get the impression (someone will correct me if I'm wrong) that GR:FS is will be COOP only, and even if there are versus modes of four vs four squads the opportunity for cheating with just eight people in a game should be pretty marginal -- or that's my hunch anyway.

They said in there developer interview they were bringing Objective Based TDM? No?

Yeah I heard that now too; still, 4 vs 4 TDM on what will probably be listen servers is not going to be a particularly compelling game mode or setup -- to me it sounds like 'feature filler' that was easy to add at low cost. Even if it works out to be something fairly compelling 8 players are not difficult to manage from a community standpoint if at least kick support is offered.

Yeah I heard that now too; still, 4 vs 4 TDM on what will probably be listen servers is not going to be a particularly compelling game mode or setup -- to me it sounds like 'feature filler' that was easy to add at low cost. Even if it works out to be something fairly compelling 8 players are not difficult to manage from a community standpoint if at least kick support is offered.

I thought I heard somewhere it was going to be an 8vs8?

I don't know... Unless Ubisoft representatives actually specifies the PC platform -- they may in fact only be talking only about Consoles -- as there's been no statement about whether the PC game will be a port with full console feature parity like the R6 Vegas games, or something else entirely like the GRAW games.

While I'm a 'hope for the best' kinda fella, it's difficult to ignore that Ubisoft is also investing in GR:O and may not want to see it compete with GR:FS, or intend GR:O to satisfy what they believe are features too costly or time consuming to offer on GR:FS.

Heck GR:FS PC may even roll with full featured multi-player modes, Punkbuster or some newer/better cheat protection; but for now at least Ubisoft seems to be taking a more cautious approach to marketing.

Soon enough we'll know, in the mean time I'm as anxious as you to know more -- but from an effective marketing perspective that's probably a better place for Ubisoft to be, rather then over-exposure to over-reacting Fans...

:zorro:

Edited by 101459

• 1 month later...

Well for fear of getting into a philosophical debate about cheating;

Personally I'm not pro or against cheating.

I have however been in the alarming position where I've been halfway through a game, (if I remember it was GRAW at the time), and my system got fried because of a thunderstorm.

In that situation I would have welcomed (God mode), at least to get me back to where I was pre storm.

My style of play I generally do not play online it's just me and my PC.

I wonder in a perfect world, would it be worth gaming developers with any style game include in the box Cheats and trainers in a sealed envelope with the original game for example?

you pay enough for games why not get all the cheats as well?

If you mean include online cheats...

Because it isn't fair. I don't really freak out when somebody's cheating, I either leave the game or deal with it. It's sometimes amusing just to see people who suck so much they have to cheat to win. But including online cheats with the game? That's encouraging it, and you can bet at least 90% of gamers would start using those cheats. However, if you mean singleplayer cheats, they already do that kind of. Ghost Recon - cheats and can edit files. GRAW - cheats. GRAW2 - cheats. MW1 - console. MW2 - can edit files to enable console commands. So most modern games to feature cheats, unless you mean for multiplayer which I think would be total bs.gif

rileyfletcher_01,

How do you mean online cheats, I thought all cheats were the same?

Anyway, since the frustration of Counterstrike online ages ago, my play style is "offline"permanently.

Back then being a newbi I'd join a game, and within 10 seconds get hit, I'd never be able to survive longer than about 10 seconds. :angry:

I learned my lesson with online gaming, and I learned it well.

BTW I'd love to know "God mode" for GRAW!

in single player?

Thanks for that Zeealex, yes I know about that youtube, in the past I've tried it and found it to be problematic.

Mmmm, you'd think that the cheat simply typed in "superman" from previous games would work? lol