[using a keyboard & mouse on a gaming console ?]

OldGhost

Hi all. Been a long, long while sense I’ve had any real reason to post. Been lurking here though.

Elsewhere in this forum there is a post about a device that will allow you to use a keyboard and mouse on your gaming console. I’ve been wondering if this was possible. Looking around the local game stores, I’ve noticed that it’s all console games on the shelves. No PC games. And, I was told that if I want to buy a PC game, I should pre order it as they receive so few PC games that I could miss out when they sell out.

And something else to consider is that in order to combat piracy :pirate: , it seems like all the PC game companies are forcing you, one way or another, to go online with your gaming computer just to play the single player portion of the game. :nono: My experience with putting my gaming computer online is that sooner or later, I contract some kind of virus and have to “flush the toilet” and start all over reloading my drivers, settings, games and missions. For these reasons, my gaming computer just does not go online.

All this is leading me to feel that games for PC’s are going to go the way of the dinosaur.

So, I have started toying with the idea of buying a gaming console. But I just hate.......as in.......JUST HATE using those console controllers. My experience is that they are nowhere near as fast and accurate for getting on target as a mouse.

So the idea of using my keyboard and mouse on a gaming console really has my interest.

Soooooooo, any information you could post here on the subject would be too cool.

One other question.

I am interested in two current games. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (the latest one) and Battlefield 3. I will not buy these games if I have to play the single player portion online. But if one or both of these games needs to go online JUST to register my ownership, and then allows me to play the single player portion OFFLINE, I mite consider buying one and then taking my computer in to my local computer shop and using their very good anti virus protection to register the game.

Is this possible with one or both games?

Thanks all.

OldGhost.

Edited by Pave Low
changed thread title

So, I have started toying with the idea of buying a gaming console. But I just hate.......as in.......JUST HATE using those console controllers. My experience is that they are nowhere near as fast and accurate for getting on target as a mouse.

They're not, but you get used to it pretty quickly. And everybody's in the same boat so it's a fair fight. You also get the advantage of having an analog thumbstick for movement, which I find gives you much better control than WASD.

There are some kb/mouse adapters out there, but they don't work all that well. It's very difficult to translate mouse movements into the thumbstick inputs that a game is expecting and have it still feel like a PC mouse. Things like acceleration don't feel right and it ends up being different enough that it's still frustrating.

Thanks MF.

I went to that website listed in the Xbox 360 forum ( which is where my post started ) and printed the front page so now I have something investigate.

By the way. What did you have to do online to play the single player section of BATTLEFIELD3?

OldGhost.

I love the PC. PC for gaming is perfect. Way more fun than using a console. But there are lots of people out there that have a console instead of a gaming PC. One of the reasons might be that buying a console is a lot cheaper and can be used for many years and still handle the latest games well. I have an Xbox 360 and it's pretty good but in my opinion the only games thats fun to play on a console is actually any other game than FPS. I have Crysis 2, Rainbow Six Vegas 2, GRAW2, Sniper Ghost Warrior and Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising for the Xbox360. I've also got GRAW2 on PC and it's much more enjoyable on the computer. There are still many who prefer and can play on the PC.

I agree with you **STAR**. The PC really is the best way to game. But the game companies are forcing you to jump through so many flaming hoops, it's getting just too hard and not worth the effort.

It's forcing me to look at other options.

OldGhost.