TES 5: Skyrim - Patch 1.2 details

Pave Low

Patch 1.2 has been released today to the PS3 (For the PC and Xbox 360 on Wednesday 30th)

but here are the details

UPDATE 1.2 NOTES (all platforms unless specified)

*Improved occasional performance issues resulting from long term play (PlayStation 3)

*Fixed issue where textures would not properly upgrade when installed to drive (Xbox 360)

*Fixed crash on startup when audio is set to sample rate other than 44100Hz (PC)

*Fixed issue where projectiles did not properly fade away

*Fixed occasional issue where a guest would arrive to the player's wedding dead

*Dragon corpses now clean up properly

*Fixed rare issue where dragons would not attack

*Fixed rare NPC sleeping animation bug

*Fixed rare issue with dead corpses being cleared up prematurely

*Skeleton Key will now work properly if player has no lockpicks in their inventory

*Fixed rare issue with renaming enchanted weapons and armor

*Fixed rare issue with dragons not properly giving souls after death

*ESC button can now be used to exit menus (PC)

*Fixed occasional mouse sensitivity issues (PC)

*General functionality fixes related to remapping buttons and controls (PC)

Cool, the dragons not attacking thing was annoying - several times I've had a dragon show up and just keep circling above after spotting me. I'm talking of the random dragon encounters, that is, with dragons that are not guarding Dragon Walls - instead those that appear randomly almost out of nowhere, especially after you fast travel.

Interestingly, not sure if this is a dragon related bug or just a completely wack random encounter - on my Orc build, I fast traveled back to some Dwarven Ruins, called Bthaft Ruins or something, with the intention of exploring the area from around there in a south-easterly direction towards an Orc fort. Upon arriving at the Dwarven Ruins, there was a random dragon encounter, so I nailed him. I continued onwards, found a path and saw a partly destroyed horse-drawn cart up the path with lots of fire nearby. So I'm thinking there must've just been a random encounter fight sequence between Flame Atronachs and NPC's. A quick recce revealed nothing of the sort, instead the area was devoid of enemies. But something isn't right with the ground still burning and a destroyed cart.... Upon approaching it, I see a dead dragon body. This WAS NOT the dragon I just nailed, this was fresh kill as the body hadn't yet decomposed into spirit form (the body was intact, it WAS NOT a dragon skeleton). Getting close to the dead dragon initiated the 'absorb dragon soul' animation, whereby the dragon body decomposed into spirit form. I want to reiterate, I DID NOT kill this dragon - I did, however kill the one before it. While abosorbing the dragon soul, I hear a dog barking, the same bark as 'Stump' in Riverwood, and the same bark as the Irish Wolfhound companion(s) - including 'Stray Dog'. Being nighttime in game the dog was hardly visible, but some further recce revealed 'Stray Dog' sat looking at me from by the dragon skeleton's ribcage. There was a dead NPC there too, in ordinary clothing and carrying no weapons - the dog's previous owner perhaps. So is the game trying to tell me that 'Stray Dog' nailed that dragon by itself? :blink:

Edited by WytchDokta