i7 960 recognition

Tinker

Picking a new processor. Would anyone know the difference between these 2?

INTEL CORE I7 960 SKT-1366 - £221.50

Intel Core i7 960 / 3.2 GHz processor - £247.95

Really interested in knowing what the SKT means. <_<

SKT = Socket LGA1366 it always bugs me why Amazon can offer two almost identical things for sale But not give you the same information or discription, so you cant compare them :wall:

*** edit***

In fact if you look in the description the both have the same item model number BX80601960

I would say ones an old add that has not been remover or amended

I think they're both the same thing. "SKT-1366" is not part of the part number - it's just extra information telling you that it fits LGA1366 motherboards.

If you don't already have a motherboard you may want to consider a newer Sandybridge-based CPU instead - the ridiculously fast i7-2600K looks like it's around the same price.

Kinda thought it would be the same thing. Did look at that Sandy model, but had a mobo in mind already that is 1366. Have a better look over it tomorrow. Thnx.

it always bugs me why Amazon can offer two almost identical things for sale But not give you the same information or discription, so you cant compare them

That is the issue every time.

980 rolling in @ over £400 and the 990 hitting £800. :huh: