[game xml + dedicated server xml ?]

Ok first off Hi all I have a slight problem and hope I might get some help here. I am part of the S.W.A.R. Clan :o= we were trying to get our server set up on one of my pcs I have the game dvd and it is retail. But I have been looking for the xml files which everyone else seems to have and know about but me the files do not apear on any of my settings folder I would like to know are they hidden? are the missing? or just not there because I have looked through all the dvd and cant find them. Anyway again any help would be greatly ablide. :wall: I know that there should be a game xml and a dedicated server xml file from what I've seen on other forums.

• 1 month later...

Recruit, I cannot tell if you are looking on the installation DVD, for the XML files, or if you are looking on the PC to which you installed the game. You will likely not find the XML files on the DVD; you must first install the game.

The best route would be to install the game, launch it, and configure the server, manually, with all the basic settings you need, for each game type. Select 'Dedicated Server', and launch the server. Exit out of it, then exit out of the game.

Your C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2\Settings\ folder should then have the XML files you need to get started.

Look elsewhere in this forum for specific values for the XML files. Namely, look here: http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php?showforum=203