Far Cry 3 announced

UBISOFT® REVEALS FAR CRY 3® AT E3

Acclaimed Franchise Returns With Bold New Vision In 2012

LOS ANGELES– JUNE 6, 2011 –Today, during a press conference at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3), Ubisoft® announced the development of Far Cry 3®, marking the return of the highly-acclaimed video game franchise. Development on Far Cry 3 is led by Ubisoft Montréal with the support of Ubisoft Shanghai and Massive Entertainment. Far Cry 3 will be available for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft®, the Sony® PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and Windows® PC in 2012.

With Far Cry 3, players step into the shoes of Jason Brody, a man alone at the edge of the world, stranded on a mysterious tropical island. In this savage paradise where lawlessness and violence are the only sure thing, players dictate how the story unfolds, from the battles they choose to fight to the allies or enemies they make along the way. As Jason Brody, players will slash, sneak, detonate and shoot their way across the island in a world that has lost all sense of right and wrong.

“Far Cry 3 brings something new and unexpected, while still building upon the foundations of excellence that are inherent to the Far Cry brand,” said Dan Hay, producer at Ubisoft Montréal. “Whether you’re already a fan of the Far Cry series or jumping into the franchise for the very first time, you’re going to be blown away by the gritty story and epic adventure we’re going to deliver.”

For more information about Far Cry 3, please visit: www.farcrygame.com

FIngers crossed we get a map editor plus modding tools.

Better keep your fingers and toes crossed for that. UBI really screwed up Far Cry 2 by not giving mod tools so more than likely they will do the same with Far Cry 3. :rant:

• 5 weeks later...

game designer Andrea Zanini demonstrates that there are several alternative ways of playing though the levels in the game,

other than the way shown in the first demo video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1UFnUdX_xw.swf

In this new, exclusive video of Far Cry 3, discover a different way to play the map you've seen in the E3 demo.

See how you can use a sniper rifle to strike from afar and a zipline to bring chaos right in the middle of the enemy camp.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Been having a load of fun with this, really good game SP for me. Outstanding environment, and the open world gameplay is really well done. Wish I had picked this up on release... First time using UPlay in a long time, have to say, not had a single hitch last few weeks at all. But I find it annoying to have to run both Steam and UPlay just for SP.

Anyhow top game, got a long way to go yet, think this 1 is going to take a long time to finish.

Been having a load of fun with this, really good game SP for me. Outstanding environment, and the open world gameplay is really well done. Wish I had picked this up on release... First time using UPlay in a long time, have to say, not had a single hitch last few weeks at all. But I find it annoying to have to run both Steam and UPlay just for SP.

Anyhow top game, got a long way to go yet, think this 1 is going to take a long time to finish.

Fun it is and since you can play it various ways it has a lot of replayability. It took me about 80 hours to finish all aspects of the game. Love the bow and arrow. :pirate: They have a mod at the UBI forums that's called Stop Blinking Mod. It turns off plant,loot chests and bodies from that stupid blinking. Looks tons better!

TBH, I wasn't at all impressed with FC2. The 'enemies wearing invisible power armour' kinda killed that game. I'll elaborate this phenomenom: You empty a full mag of AK rounds into an enemy at point blank range. The enemy is physically wearing no armour and all of your rounds hit him. The guy falls to the ground and you assume he's dead. So you move on past where the enemy fell only to get shot in the back by the same enemy you just emptied a whole AK mag into - dude's merely incapacitated, and still able to shoot straight. This was even the case on the lower difficulties, players just aswell have been firing blanks.

Is this the case in FC3?

Edited by WytchDokta

No issues with killing enemy, not seen 1 of them ever get back up after being dropped. However, there is 1 type of enemy that is fully armoured up, and I see no possible way to kill the dude with bullets. Stalked 1 from at least 300M, hit him with over 20 sniper rounds. Up close they do go down with 4-5 shotguns in the face. Or 2-3 mags in an assault rifle. Unlocking a perk means the knife you have always had, suddenly enables you to do a take down on them, still. I kinda liked moving in on a base and spotting them all, then eliminating them 1 at a time. Sometimes stealthy, sometimes using only the GL. But just running straight in the middle gun ho works too, lol.

Have to be honest, I though the basic AI driving skills where amazing compared to some games. Didn`t seem to matter what I was in, they always knew I was coming towards them and swered out of the way, or puled over, without crashing nearly every time.

Wish I knew about that mod before KRP, would of made it more challenging to find the stuff. It can be frustrating to some though, a simple in game option would of been nice.

I read on the forums that you can reset all the enemy bases so that you can continue looting and have enemy again all over to fight. I have the latest patch, but I do not have the option to reset bases in menu, under gameplay, any hits?

Can this game be restarted from the beginning, complete new go at it without previous awards and stuff?