Wow, it's been 10 years....

I wanted to take a moment to just say thank you to this whole community for the support over the years. November of this year will mark the 10 year anniversary of the inception of War of Infamy. From the start, it was intended more as a platform for others to mod with than as a mod itself (even for us who made it, the "expansions" were always the end goal, not the main mod). After 10 years, to look back and see that it actually became that, that there are still mods developing using the content, and to see people still playing it....well, it's very humbling and honoring. So thank you again, from every modder who made it and went on to make other awesome things (Frostbite, Year of the Monkey, and more). To look back and see the impact over the years makes it worth the blood, sweat, tears and toil that went into them back then. So, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! This community will always have a special place in my heart!

:clapping::notworthy:

I think its more like the community saying "Thank You" to you and the other guys who made great mods and inspired the guys who followed to make great mods, and use your mods to judge them against :thumbsup:

I wanted to take a moment to just say thank you to this whole community for the support over the years. November of this year will mark the 10 year anniversary of the inception of War of Infamy. From the start, it was intended more as a platform for others to mod with than as a mod itself (even for us who made it, the "expansions" were always the end goal, not the main mod). After 10 years, to look back and see that it actually became that, that there are still mods developing using the content, and to see people still playing it....well, it's very humbling and honoring. So thank you again, from every modder who made it and went on to make other awesome things (Frostbite, Year of the Monkey, and more). To look back and see the impact over the years makes it worth the blood, sweat, tears and toil that went into them back then. So, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! This community will always have a special place in my heart!

Are you kidding me? "We Thank You"

It must be really cool to come back and see your modding efforts are still being enjoyed by GR players all over the globe. The interest in downloading Ghost Recon mods still surprises me every month when I check the download usage.

Ghost Recon modders must be the one of the best gaming mod communities anywhere surely.

Sadly, I have reached GR only recently (one year ago, at most). God, I've lost nine years of content development! I could have contributed.

But you and other people made such great mods and addons that surpassed the original game in quality and are still being used today.

A great community indeed, for keeping alive a 10 years old game :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

I would say we are a dedicated bunch buttttt.......

Duke nukem fans are way hardcore for waiting decades lol!

*edit* oh god it hit me. OGR players will be waiting a decade for a worthy follow up. >_<

Edited by pz3

Hear hear!

Are you kidding me? "We Thank You"

+1 :thumbsup:

*edit* oh god it hit me. OGR players will be waiting a decade for a worthy follow up. >_<

We already HAVE waited for a decade. But with this modding community around I guess we could manage another one. :)

I can remember the excitement of getting to play-test WOI for the first time. It was (and is) truly in a class by itself. DonMiguel and his team were very successful in creating a convincing WWII atmosphere, and making Ghost Recon feel more like a WWII game than the modern shooter that it is. Hats off to DonMiguel and his team!

• 7 months later...