Osama Bin Laden Killed

Ruin

The difference between the SEALs and every other JSOC unit... You wouldn't know if it was us. Or any other.

Professionalism goes a long ways.

agree.

unfortunately, WH released which unit did the job. hell they it even narrowed it down to which team <_<

I just hope for the rest of the guys to finally start going home to their families.

maybe finally get the rest of the guys back for one big GR- COOP :lol:

@Marcinko are you still deployed? if not, be safe out there. I'm still waiting for my old classmate who pilots a Chinook to come home so I got a good reason to clean my grill and wash my cooler :yes:

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a good thing and I can only hope someone shoved Bacon in his mouth before the Burial at sea.

Thank you Ruin for Posting the info here and it is quite befitting that you were the one to start the thread, God Bless the

U.S. and her Allies!!!

Thank you Ruin for Posting the info here and it is quite befitting that you were the one to start the thread, God Bless the

U.S. and her Allies!!!

+1 :thumbsup:

GR.NET used to have a list of deployed members on the front News (bottom right), I didn't see it anymore. really wish all the guys deployed to return safely

I've read about that one.

I hope no more hate against the islamism culture and religion, aswell against any other ethinic groups, will take place in the following years. It's just unaceptable to see people blaming a belief for one man actions. It just ###### me off.

I agree with you Operative. It's like blaming all Catholics/Prodestants for all the terrorist activity in UK/Ireland - are we all as mad or as extreme as the people who head up these organisations, no of course not.

In the middle of Pakistan etc there is a bloke with the same family set up, job and financial worries as me and just wants to get home, unwind and take it easy and see his family live up in a safe enviroment.

On the pic of a dead OBL well a British news paper near to where I live ran with that picture as their head line pic - yes typical press but still.

Regards the legitimacy of the news however, take when Saddam Hussein was killed. They released a pic of him (and his other head guys around him) in the news and press for the "village people..." to understand that this guy was actually dead and will never be seen again. For there distrust in the US and beyond was such that they wouldn't have belived it unless they saw it themselves.

You could consider myself as one of the "village people" just a westernised version. And I see it strange that we have had no release of a video or a picture to substantiate the claims that he is dead. I have a distrust in Politians/Press etc anyway and this whole thing seems a little odd to me.

Either way, I don't think he is alive whatever the story. For if they reported this and he wasn't to be, well. Embarrasing or what, so I don't think they would have released it without some kind of info as to his well being.

But hey, regards the US actually having done it, well once a cynic always a cynic..... :P

Dude, you know what CIA did to my country and our neighbors? You have no clue of how many people died because of their actions. I don't trust CIA and never will, they think they can control the world.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, check the Brazilian coup d'etat in 1964, then come to say what you think.

I'm trying to be nice, but I have my own reasons to don't trust CIA. True terrorism happened here some decades ago, in our ground.

Obama has to make the decision of release (or not) the photos, taken on action by a SEAL operator. Some sources say that the decision will be given today.

It's entirely understandable that people should find aspects of the operation questionable or even suspect, the CIA's own history justifys that.

Taking all the information released so far into account, it's pretty clear to me though that they did get their man, and there was substantional reason and justification behind the decision to bury at sea.

So while I can understand the reasoning behind the conspiracy theories, to me, that's all they will ever be, just theories.

It's entirely understandable that people should find aspects of the operation questionable or even suspect, the CIA's own history justifys that.

This I just don't understand... at all. Nothing about the operation is suspect, questionable or lack reason to me. The decisions leading up to, during, and after the reason all make sense and can be answered simply - and have been answered simply already.

But then again, we never landed on the moon, there was a shooter on the grassy knoll, Booth had an accomplice, and Clinton did inhale... :wall:

What if CIA had killed him long ago and was waiting to reveal it for any reason (like the fear of retaliation from Al-Qaeda)?

Who did say that? It was me? Oh, ok so <_<. Does it make sense?

CIA may have reasons that we don't know. They always had their reasons, albeit sometimes the most stupid ones that ended in the most catastrofic episodes.

Nothing about the operation is suspect, questionable or lack reason to me.

I am sure people said the exact same thing about other CIA (and other clandestine) operations in the past, only for the full truth to come to light many years later.

It is exactly what I'm trying to say Rocky. CIA will not reveal all the truth.

For example, there are rumors in the Pakistani media that say Osama's bodyguard killed him, as his orders were very clear: shot him dead instead of let him be captured alive.

CIA will not reveal all the truth.

As I said, I fully believe they got him, any idea to the contrary to me is waaaay out there, but there's always more to the story than we read on the front pages.

It is exactly what I'm trying to say Rocky. CIA will not reveal all the truth.

For example, there are rumors in the Pakistani media that say Osama's bodyguard killed him, as his orders were very clear: shot him dead instead of let him be captured alive.

And each newspaper/news channel reports that 'the compound' was a different distance away from Islamabad. Personally, I haven't trusted the media in many years - They give my music scene and its people a bad name, yet they don't even know the first thing about the music (they can't even correctly name the subgenres) or the people involved in the scene.

@operative

the CIA wont reveal the truth because what you said AND they are hollywood secretive... i'll just leave it there, might get a little dirty :P

but i thought it was Team Six that bagged him :wacko:

confused, very confused

I haven't trusted the media in many years

uh huh, i just hate the way they blow it out of proportion.

Edited by zeealice

No disrespect Operative, but, America waited 10 years to get this guy. Let us soak it in for at least a week.

Could you please hold off?

Please? One week? :thumbsup:

I'm not trying to be annoying, but think what will happen if in fifty years CIA reveals a different story (like they did several times), seeing that this one may have influences in the popularity of the current government.

You know what I mean? I don't trust them, simply that.

But take care and be happy dude :thumbsup:

Also, everyone is free to believe in what they want, so you may believe in another one, I'm not trying to take this right from you.

The only thing I really see in dispute that might be kept secret is Bin Laden's actual death. He was killed, but he was unarmed... but he resisted capture. This seems to be the biggest thing that casts any real doubt. What actually happened? We might not really know. But the WH is definitely backing and supporting the actions of the guys in the house. Speaking highly of their professionalism and that they made the right decision.

The WH is declassifying information regarding this operation at record speeds. There's no 50 year waiting period. Really it seems the only things they're holding back on are things that will either inflame and possibly cause other attacks, or things that might jeopardize military operations and our effectiveness in the future.

And Zeealice, I know this thread borderlines our "No political discussion policy" but name calling political leaders and stating it as "fact" is a flagrant disregard for that policy. Please, stay on topic. Same for you Operator, and WytchDokta. This is about the death of Bin Laden, not governmental policy. :) Thanks.