Patching Problem "Could Not Determine Installation Language"

I just got a new fresh version of GRAW 2, but when I play Multiplayer it told me to patch. So I downloaded it and patched, but it had an error message saying: "COuld Not Determine Installation Language, Please Reinstall". Now I Try To Play Multiplayer But It Says The Version Is Different. The Patch was 1.00-1.05. I haven't tried the separate 1.00-1.01 etc, Patches Yet. I tried reinstalling too but nothing changed. Single player works flawlessly.

EDIT:

right i do believe after a rejig of my memory, this game is sounding legit, first the patch wouldn't recognize the game all together.

if the game isn't installed into C://program files>Ubisoft>Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2

then you might want to reinstall into that directory above.

If you are having trouble patching and it says:

"patch cannot determine the language of the game, please reinstall"

or

"GRAW 2 is not installed on your machine."

here is what you have to do.

If the Game is not installed into C://Program files/Ubisoft/Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2

and is instead D://Ubisoft/Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2

then straight away there is your issue.

The patch is set to look for the first directory i typed thus it can read the Registry Values and determine the localization of the game. thats how the language is recognized. a simple reinstall to the first directory should be sufficient for the Patch to work, if it isn't, then registry entries have not been added, i know what to put where but that would be feeding illegal players on how to get their game to work and because Ubi were such idiots, they made patch 1.05 a [Thing that should not be spoken of here IAW Forum Rule 3.7] required patch.

If the patch says the second message, again, the registry entries haven't been added and the patch can't find the game in which case a legal player with the disk can reinstall.

and again i wont help illegal players with registry entries. and they will most likely be edited out by Administrators anyway.

anyway, enough said.

Zeealex out.

• 2 weeks later...

I also tried saving the patcher to the enitial installation folder, it says not a valid win32 app or something like that. And If I Use "Run" instead of "Save" it has the language error.

Regarding my Act II Not Unlocked Question, it was fixed thank you. I have act II now!

• 5 months later...