Ghost Recon.net Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tinker

game screenshots in windows 7

Looks like W7 is unable to make screenshots while in game. Thought this was the top of the iceberg?

I do have fraps, plus other means. But I also have a printscreen buttom right here on my keyboard, that does not work with the latest operating system. :rofl:

XD, are you sure your keyboard isnt broken and is configured properly?

:lol:

Edited by Zeealex

Print screen works for me with Win7 64 bit Home Edition.

I took a GR ingame screenie.

Might try Alt + print screen.

http://www.pixelmetr...cceleration.php

I don't know if this applies to taking a print screen from a video game or not.

The above is related to getting a print screen from a video. It is for a Vista or XP and I couldn't find mention of Win7. I always had the problem of getting a black capture when trying it. I think the above is what I tried(been awhile) and had luck doing it.

Ha yeah that is it wombat. I know that. You can do that on any OS to grab printscreens while watching movies and so also. Just surprised that the button here does not work as standard.

Steam screenshot function works

XFire screenshot function works

Fraps and Snagit work

But my printscreen button on my keyboard does not. That is the issue. Why do I need to rely on an outside program to take a printsceen while in game, Crysis2.

:huh:

Its weird mine works and yours doesn't. I don't think I could take a print screen of a video game in XP.

Never tried it with Win7 until this thread. Does print screen work for other then screenies in vid games?

Kind of unlikely that your KB is the problem but might be worth trying another if you haven't already.

Will do some testing on this tomorrow. Metro2033 does not even take a printscreen, meaning once I hit printscreen, and go to paint, there is nothing to paste.

L4D is really goofy. Wait until mission load, take screen, it pastes into MS paint a UI picture of Steam. Have to have a full run down on this.

Printscreen button on XP works in any game I had loaded.

Don't have allot of games installed.

Print screen works in GR and COD4 but not in Arma2 or GRAW2. Get a print screen of open window on top for Arma2 and a black print screen in GRAW2. Not a big deal, more a question of why.

Seem to be ok now in all games I have tested so far using the following, note, it seems to not work for some people.

Close out of the program you are having trouble with capturing the screen.

Right click on the main exe file for the program.

Click on Properties .

Click on the Compatibility tab.

In the middle area of that tab, there should be a bunch of check boxes under Settings. Click in the box along side: Disable desktop composition.

Apply the changes, click OK.