Clear & Present Danger II

Thumper1518

Well, after the GR.net community's positive response to my 7.62mm Mod upgrades, I've been trying my hand at scripting. I had an old idea based on going after a ruthless drug cartel that had heavily infiltrated the military and political organizations. I don't have to look far for the real situation - Mexico and her long bloody battle against the various cartels. I have scripted 14 missions so far, and have only four more to go.

Well, I'm going to need some help to get the mod ready. First, I need permission from various map and character makers to use their stuff. Without it, I won't release the mod. I can make weaps, but mapping would take me too long. I'm having fun scripting!

I converted Swamp Airfield and Polling Center into night maps (Ghosts rule the night!).

I am using (from outside sources):

Industrial (Night)

Fishing Village (Blood Oil)

Docks/Oil Facility (Blood Oil)

BO3 (Blood Oil)

Dourkbi

Lvov

HHA Airport

Ossetian Woodlands

Poppy Farm

The Farm (from the Alpha Stealth Tourney)

GRA Chalet

TG1

Trafic Columbie

Cartel

I am also using the male CHRs from the city center map with all that glass and multi-floor office buildings.

Also, four of the Blood Oil vehicles (Kenworth tractor, Land Rover, lifted 4x4, Open top 4x4)

Anyway, if any of you can point me in the right direction to contact the originators or if your know FOR CERTAIN that the originators allow use of their work in other mods, I would appreciate it.

Contact me at cyw3<dot>drums<at>gmail<dot>com.

This is great news!

A couple of heads up about these two maps:

Fishing Village (I'm thinking of the Blood Oil map by Cobaka)

There is an issue with the fountain or pampas grass. Don't remember the details but either you can't shoot through it or the enemy can see through it.

Trafic Columbie

Fantastic map but the AI can definitely see through the foliage.

I could be wrong but I think I'm correct.

Good luck and I hope you don't hit any big snags.

:thumbsup:

Moved to General Mod Topics. :thumbsup:

Good luck with the mod, sounds interesting. All info on maps and vehicles for blood oil are in the credits file. Sure you will be fine with those, though have not heard from Cobaka for a while.

Fishing Village (I'm thinking of the Blood Oil map by Cobaka)

There is an issue with the fountain or pampas grass. Don't remember the details but either you can't shoot through it or the enemy can see through it.

Unable to shoot through the grass stacks. Including the alpha channels. See photo illustrating the bullet holes HERE This causes you to think you can throw a frag or a GL, and it blow up in your face, or bounces back off an invisible wall.

The following have all been released for general use at some point in the past:

Industrial

HHA Airport

Ossetian Woodlands

Poppy Farm

The Farm (from the Alpha Stealth Tourney)

GRA Chalet

That sounds great :thumbsup:

I will just reiterate

Trafic Columbie

Fantastic map but the AI can definitely see through the foliage.

I know of many attempts to "fix" this map (actually all of the maps from that mod), but I also know none of them ever worked -- much :wall: -- really sad, because it is a lovely map

Biro was the maker of "The Farm", but I have not seen or heard from him in a few years.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, the bulk of the mod is now done! 19 mission campaign, with a good story line and little twists here and there. What I need now is some beta-testers to help me figure out what needs tweaking. The last two missions definitely require PC horsepower (big maps - cartel and trafic).

One map - lvov - I can no longer open in IGOR but it runs normally. I don't know how that happened, it just wouldn't open one day.

Anyway, e-mail me to let me know if you're interested. You will also help me figure out everyone who I need to add to the credits.

You can reach me through cyw3[period]drums["at" symbol]gmail[period]com.

As always, a BIG thanks goes to Rocky for creating this community, without which I would not have been so inspired.

-Thumper1518

I've been trying my hand at scripting.

After finishing all 19 missions, I would say potential for an excellent campaign here. :)

Few bugs as always, but the overall mod setup, and campaign story is fantastic. Look forward to seeing this in coop mode also.

Great work Thumper.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Only half the missions are available in coop

Missions 01-10 have "SP" + "MP Coop" checked

But missions 11-19 only have "SP" checked

is there a reason for this ? (don't those mission don't work in MP for certain reasons ?)

or is it OK for us to just add the "MP Coop" tick ourselves ?

That is an oversight. I thought I changed all the missions to accept MP Coop play.

It'll be a couple days before I can upload a corrected mission set. For now, go ahead and add the check marks in. My IRL is occupied until Tuesday.

Thanks to everybody for your support. If any of you know how to script MP, let me know. I don't mind adding in missions.

-Thumper