DiRT 3 - Video "NEW SECTIONS - Exclusive first play! "

Cpl Ledanek

gonna need an Official DiRT3 Thread soon :whistle:

TV Presenter Neil Cole was invited to Codemasters to be the first to play new previously unreleased sections of the forthcoming DiRT3 game. This is his video-blog. More here: http://bit.ly/hLp7X

I immediately started looking for this, since I requested this A LOT in the CM DiRT3 Forum: Disappearing Replay Menu (it's in there) :thumbsup:

• 3 months later...

review is in from a Rally Fan (not the X-Game version)

from cmr2game

loading screens: 4/10 but they annoy the heck out of me, also the stage view and stage start menu, although you can enter the stage view.

lack of real rally stages in dirt tour: 3/10

availability of real rally liveries in dirt tour: 3/10

ken block: 10/10 you will only here from him in the gymkhana, haven't seen or heard him in the rest of the game :-) that is why he gets 10 out of 10

it's an on-going review as he unlocks the "seasons" since the game is technically not "live" till 5/24/2011

interesting read actually if you have time

Is Dirt3 available for download ONLY on the PC? I can't see it on DVD anywhere.

You can buy dirt 3 on the consoles from tomorrow for $50 and download it for half that price for the PC by the looks of it...? :unsure:

Edit > conflicting messages, apparantly there's an advert that says digital distribution in the UK only, but other people are saying it is also retail... sheesh!

Apparently Europe gets a retail DVD-ROM copy and the US none so far.

STEAM has them for about 10% less..... I would get on board but, still waiting on some kinks to be sorted out.

I was impressed until I saw the jerkiness of the steering animations while in cockpit view. (same initially with NFSShift until someone came with a mod) the rest of the eyecandy is spot on.

News that I was waiting for: TrackIR supported during driving AND replay (cockpit)

and Codemasters actually listened to our request to have replay-controls to disappear during replay. Thanks Codies!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

stay there .... wait till $20 .... maybe they'll bundle DiRT2 & 3, THEN maybe it'll be worth it. DiRT3 is already getting bundle with some AMD graphic cards.

wait till the mod liveries and "all cars-all tracks" mod are released.

DiRT series appears on the surface a fun console game until a Modding Community steps in.

I see a trend towards DLC on liveries and certain vehicles.

I see younger gamers that have the "instant gratification gene" go for this trend. If I own a stock on CM, I would fully

support this. Selling car skin liveries are like these $0.99 songs on iTunes & Amazon. It appears cheap, until a million of them buys over the weekend.

It's the older and curious PC gamers that would rather "learn in due time" make up the minority. Hence, they don't get heard during Investors Meetings.

Hmm, I had a point, but I lost it in my train of thoughts

Hi Led

Is the recent DLC just been released?

Yes, there is/ was, but if you're on console, you might like the new skins .... me being on PC, I rather get the free skins from modders.

There will be a new track Monte Carlo, it maybe the only gravel track ... to be honest, DiRT3 is a disappointment next to DiRT2. Its not a leap

IMHO, it should have been an expansion pack.

here are pertinent information about the DLC

Another thing too, none of the cars feels different from one another. They all feel the same.

Old or New/ Classic.

I take that back, the cars feels different from the trucks and buggies. But between Fords, Audi, Subaru , they feel the same.

The tracks feels the same, except on wet and snow. Snow on hardest setting, your really have to be on your "A-game."

DiRT2'S Morocco track with its dirt to asphalt to water pockets, at right Logitech G27 settings (ForceFeedback) you can definitely feel it.

DiRT3 missed it. Even when the cars hit water pockets, the eye-candy is nowhere there, no ripples and really cheezy-splash. I'll try to record for

comparisons.

Dx11 is almost out too. Flag at beginning and boundary tapes that get ripped is the only thing nice.

The Skybox is great.

Night Rally is great when Gamma Setting is at the lowest settings; forces you to listen to the pacenotes more carefully

I personally prefer DiRT3 over DiRT2, there seems to be more rally in DiRT3?, but i'm not really enjoying the drifting stages that much, gymkhana is fun up to a point. Playing the XBOX360 version here. Nothing beats the first Colin McRae rally on PC imho, although, i suppose McRae is becoming an after-thought and it's becoming ken block's rally-drift-gym show :D

Nice screens and vids by the way.

I personally prefer DiRT3 over DiRT2, there seems to be more rally in DiRT3?, but i'm not really enjoying the drifting stages that much, gymkhana is fun up to a point. Playing the XBOX360 version here. Nothing beats the first Colin McRae rally on PC imho, although, i suppose McRae is becoming an after-thought and it's becoming ken block's rally-drift-gym show :D

D3 has nice stages, but seems to be more about drifting specially on Michigan and Finland. Kenya I like, but the lack of DX11 feautures removed from the water kills it for me.

D2 China and Morocco feels more Rally at best. I wish Croatia has an Uphill track.

here's hoping CM gets their WRC license, per CM Tweet

D3 has nice stages, but seems to be more about drifting specially on Michigan and Finland. Kenya I like, but the lack of DX11 feautures removed from the water kills it for me.

D2 China and Morocco feels more Rally at best. I wish Croatia has an Uphill track.

UPDATE:

apparently, YOU CAN do a Hillclimb race on any track in DiRT2 -3 as long as you don't cross the finish line and trigger the "finish action."

So, lets say Croatia. Traditionally, you race downhill. Now before reaching the finish line, you can reverse back and race uphill.

will try to record video(s) on this.