Game wont get past from the weapon selection screen in COOP mode

Ripper18

I have reinstalled my old copy of GRAW thanks to the nostalgia and boredom, invited some of my friends to play with me (the same friends with whom i used to play with no problem at all), but COOP mode will just not run.

Heres the wierd thing :

In lobby chat, our pings are flawless. 60, 70, 90. No delay, no problems, nothing. If we pick Deathmatch mode, the game runs flawlessly, no lag at all. However, if we pick COOP mode (or any mode that includes NPCs) , my connection will have a huge burst of delay, where it will take me 7 seconds to send a message, and eventually, get disconnected from the server, not even making it through the weapon selection screen (im not the host, btw) Yes, we are using hamachi. The other wierd thing is that whenever we join a COOP match, suddenly i cant ping no one on hamachi, and my modem goes berserk (which is the same modem i used to play back then)

Also, i can play the campaing perfectly fine on single player (on the highest settings without lag), and i really have no idea how to solve this problem.

System specs and additional information, if useful:

Windows XP SP3

AMD athlon 64 x2 dual 2.4ghz

nVIDIA GEFORCE 8600 512 mb RAM

2 GB RAM

500 MB SATA HD

Game running on patch 1.35, using hamachi 1.0.1.2

• 6 months later...

Me and my friends just got GRAW last week and experienced the same problem. We are using Gamespy online. No extra strange connection thing.

What we experienced is that when we tried to have 3 players in the Cooperative Campaign mode, things were fine. But when we brought that up to 4 players, then one of the players would not make it to the weapon selection screen.

has anyone else experienced that?

Hmm, used to have the same issue, same went for GRAW2 also. Any 3 players could connect and play fine, but the last (4th) to join, would not get in. Each tried to host with no luck. A few years back that mind, connections and PC`s was not as good as now.

Try to ensure the person with the fastest connection hosts the game.

Make sure you are all patched to 1.35

Never had an issue with the ogr cooperative mode though.