Ghost Recon.net Forums
Tinker

HTC Phone advice

Still running n old pay as you go basic phone here.

Looking at picking up a HTC phone

Store page

Anyone have recommendations?

Also new to monthly tariffs, if anyone has chance to look at the ones included here. £25 seems to be an average, though no issues with paying more if it is needed. Not really 1 to use the phone or texts too much, but will be into using the internet capabilities.

My wifes looking at getting a new phone, the top 3 seem to be iPhone 4, Samsung Galaxy S or Nexus, and the HTC Desire.

Youtube is good for reviews.

I'll be getting a windows phone 7 as soon as my contract is up. check one out in a store when you get a chance. The onscreen keyboard in them is amazing. (predictable text that actually works). The lag on the android onscreen keyboards that i have seen simply sucks. The hardware keyboards are decent though but google has had some issues like they just patched the phones from randomly texting the wrong caller. I phone is ok but the newer ones are glass so don't drop them. My wife likes her 3g iphone but here in america it has a seperate data plan that you can't bundle and costs more. We may be looking into a windows phone 7 in july for her just because of that.

Work pays for mine. I need the exchange services as that is how i am contacted with the helpdesk anywhere in our building.

I switched from Blackberry to a Motorola Droid X last year and I have no regrets at all. I've found Android to be a great platform, certainly on par with the IPhone and better in some areas. I thought I would miss having a physical keyboard, but I really don't. And I haven't noticed any lag with the onscreen keyboard.

Wife's just ordered the Galaxy S, got a sweat deal from our ISP for it.

My wifes looking at getting a new phone, the top 3 seem to be iPhone 4, Samsung Galaxy S or Nexus, and the HTC Desire.

Being a non-conformist, I choose Sony Ericsson Xperia series.

HTC Desire arrived this morning, spent most of the day getting used to it. Transferred music from the PC, downloaded some games. Highly impressed with the graphics on the games.

Overall, simply awesome.

:D

Anyone running the HTC Desire HD?

Having massive issues connecting to the PC.

HTC solution

Does no good here. Googled it, finding massive results for this issue.

1 single solution works every time, but it removes all my personnel settings. Remove battery and cards, leave for 30 seconds, replace and connect to PC via USB. I can now simply go to my computer, select drive, and access all data, transfer files. Next day, same issue, have to do same thing. Have tried the latest HTC program, also used doubletwist.

Anyone having no issues with this?