MP Coop Issues

MarkAm_i

Hello, it's been a long time since I tried the GRAW 2 coop. I re-faced a most annoying bug. When I try and use the in-game chat, anytime I hit the "m" key within my chat, the leaderboard pops up (assigned to M Key in multiplayer, I see no way of altering it in the options) and what I've just typed is erased. This is very frustrating.

After a half dozen times of accidentally hitting "M" while trying to communicate in chat, ((and well over a dozen times of successfully avoiding the key by re-wording what I'm trying to say) I've reached my limit for the night. It was just too much.

Another thing is that after I die and am deciding on the kit I will take for the next spawn-in, I am faced with a 10 second timer forcing me to try and choose a kit before it automatically pushes me back into the mission.

Is this something that is not alterable in the server settings? I can't imagine any host willingly choosing such a horrible game setting. Nor can I imagine the orginal GRAW2 beta missing something so basic.

If anyone has answers about the horrible "M" key, please let me know. It sucks bad.

Oh and one last thing. The kits that were available in the server only had two items per kit. A rifle and secondary/sidearm. No nades or anything. Is this how the coop is or a likely server kit restriction? I can't tell. I probably quit playing the game in the past because of the "M" key bug, before learning the particulars.

Hmm, I don't know what you mean by the "M" bug. I have never had that problem and use chat all the time. That is very strange. As far as I know the "leader board" is accessed by hitting the "tab" key. The "M" key will show you the overall "map" that you are playing in. How do you access chat? I always press the "T" key which will open the dialog box to talk to "all" players. Once this box opens your in game activities are placed on hold (you cannot move or shoot) until you finish typing and hit the enter key. You should have no problems with using the "M" key at that point. You may want to check your in game settings. Once you have loaded the game choose the "options" tab and then the "controls" tab. This will show you what all the keys do and allow you to change which ones do what. "M" should be listed under "Multiplayer" as "Mini Map Toggle". You can also click "restore defaults" to put everything back the way it was originally. If none of this works you may want to consider reinstalling your game. Make sure you download and install the 1.05 patch as well.

As far as the weapons kits are concerned, what you are seeing is the standard set of weapons kits to choose from. Most will have 2 weapons and some will add smoke/grenades/GLs. Demolitons kits will have a GL. Assault kits will have a nade and some smoke. Support kits will have more smoke. Don't forget that you can select multiple kits from each category by using the arrow keys below each picture. For example, there are 12 rifleman kits, 13 demolitions kits, etc.

If you want more weapons kits you can download my weapons mod. There is a MUCH greater variety of choice and many kits have 3 weapons plus all the extras. On this site, click on "Downloads/GRAW2/Mods-Weapons/Rahnmans Weapons Mod and download it from the link there. Make sure you read the "read me" file for installation instructions.

As far as the timer is concerned, this is a server setting and unless you are using your own server there is no way for you to change this setting. This can be very frustrating but there is little you can do. The flip side is that most players don't want to have to wait "Forever" to get back in the game. "Forever" is defined as "11 seconds or more". :rolleyes:

I hope this helps,

TAW_Rahnman