L4D1 - "The Sacrifice" DLC - Due 5th October

Pave Low

the_sacrifice_poster_img.jpg

click for the larger version

LEFT 4 DEAD "THE SACRIFICE" COMING OCTOBER 5

Latest DLC Coming to Both L4D1 & L4D2

September 27, 2010 - Valve, creators of best-selling game franchises (such as Half-Life, Portal, Team Fortress, and Counter-Strike) and leading technologies (such as Steam and Source), today announced the new add-on for its co-operative zombie thrillers -- "The Sacrifice," in development for both Left 4 Dead (L4D) and Left 4 Dead 2 (L4D2) -- is due for release on October 5, 2010.

"The Sacrifice" is the prequel to "The Passing," and takes place from the L4D Survivors' perspective as they make their way South. In addition to advancing the story, "The Sacrifice" introduces a new style finale featuring "Sacrificial Gameplay" where players get to decide who will give their life so the others may live.

The Sacrifice DLC for L4D is a seperate download than The Sacrifice for L4D2.

In "The Sacrifice" for Left 4 Dead, gamers receive the complete Sacrifice campaign with maps playable in Campaign, Versus, and Survival. There are 5 new achievements, a new style finale and plenty of places for devastating Hunter pounces.

Targeted for release on October 5th, "The Sacrifice" will be available for download on Xbox Live for 560 Microsoft Points and free to all PC gamers.

Nice to have some free DLC, but not overly keen on this. Think I`ll stick to L4D1 for sure. Day enviroments just don`t do it for me, like the sneaking around in the dark.

And what is the issue with water? Move at a snails pace through water, but the zombies can run as normal, something wrong there.

Maps are cool, always nice to run around new areas, but they are lacking sounds for me, seemed to quiet most of the time.

Few posts on the steam forums stating you will not complete the ending of this campaign in SP, due to having AI with you, but I was done first attempt, so not sure what they all doing wrong.

Steam Sale

L4D1 -66% = £4.41

L4D2 -66% = £5.09

L4D1 & L4D2 -66% = £7.81