New 50Mb broadband deal from VM.

Rocky

Yeh I am lucky to be in an area that can get such speeds, to be honest, it's the HD channels I am more excited about because in real terms the difference between my 20MB/s and the 50MB/s isn't going to make much difference to my usage. On the other hand I am watching much more telly since I got a big flat screen, really enjoying HD.

So after a bit of a FUBAR incident that left me with £56 compensation from Virgin Media :rolleyes: my new router and cable modem are installed.

I messed up a bit by not thinking ahead enough though, and I find the cable (which is just co-ax I believe), is about a metre short for where I want to site the cable modem. Is it easy enough to extend? I'm not sure what kind of connector I'd need.

Agree with Crowman. It's almost certainly a shielded coax with F type connectors. Very easy to find an extension, if that's what you're looking for. Try googling it to make sure and sites like Videk, Maplins, Futureshop will sell them for very few pounds.

Good hunting and once it's all done pls let us know what 50Md dl speed is like. In London, I'm told, we've got to wait till 2011, the back end, before we see the introduction of BT's high speed service..

Anthony

Good hunting and once it's all done pls let us know what 50Md dl speed is like. In London, I'm told, we've got to wait till 2011, the back end, before we see the introduction of BT's high speed service..

Anthony

I already have the 50MB connection, I just needed the extra length to get the modem up onto my worktop.

It's amazing speed, I downloaded an update from Sony earlier and it was coming in faster than 5Mb a second.

• 3 weeks later...