Ghost Recon.net Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ROCO*AFZ*

Adobe Releases 64bit flash preview for Multiple platforms

Funny thing is how many people use 64-bit browsers? Even with Win7 I'm betting the majority of people still use the 32-bit version of IE. In fact, some people might not even be aware that the 64-bit version is sitting in their Start menu

That is because tech's won't recommend it, because it won't show flash which many sites have. I have to say the 64bit is way faster then the 32 now that i myself am using it more.

In fact, some people might not even be aware that the 64-bit version is sitting in their Start menu

Hehe never would have seen it without your saying so.

As far as I know, both Firefox and Chrome are both still 32-bit only on Windows. But really it makes no difference either way - 64-bit applications don't run any better than 32-bit ones. They can just use more memory. The only programs that really benefit are those that deal with huge amounts of data - database servers, video editing, etc.

Try the 64bit IE... there is definatly a noticeable difference. Always was... but now with flash it's useful. Same with 64bit windows 7 over 32 (if you have over 2gb of ram)

If you google around you will see that i am not the only one seeing this.

I really can't tell the difference between the two.. In any case, I switched to Chrome recently which completely blows them both away.