UbiKimi Interview Justin Drust of RSE

Rocky

Put it this way, I was looking at the timer constantly to see when anything of interest was actual said. So, it looks good, but no, you don't need the speakers.

LOL @ the auto caption, good one.

Ive never seen it. Its usually a flat piece on the end of long handles used to put leverage on and then pry the door open.No clue how the hook works.Plus breaching a door with a gun? Seems ridiculous to me.

Edited by Johnny

Ive never seen it. Its usually a flat piece on the end of long handles used to put leverage on and then pry the door open.No clue how the hook works.Plus breaching a door with a gun? Seems ridiculous to me.

It's actually used for opening up a BIG CAN OF WHOOP A#$%. Which, of course, doesn't actually exist in the game.

If they got rid of that thing they'd increase cool by at least 25% and reduce G&# by 100%. So, in 2040, we have Predator cloak tech but not specialized mini shape charge for door breaching?

I don't think the hook thing is supposed to be used like a crowbar or one of those things firemen use. You'd have to use the rifle body for leverage and I think that would probably be bad for it. On the plus side, they did fix the grip so you can at least hold the thing properly. The one in the original render looked like it would be very awkward.

So, in 2040, we have Predator cloak tech but not specialized mini shape charge for door breaching?

The thing even has an underbarrel shotgun which could very easily be used for quick door breaching.

It's actually used for opening up a BIG CAN OF WHOOP A#$%. Which, of course, doesn't actually exist in the game.

:rofl:

In the Gabrielle Shrager interview she mentions NATEC and DARPA. These are legitimate federal agencies that are doing "near future" R & D.

IF UBI employees had done more thorough research of the DARPA site this is what Gabrielle would have said in her interview.

"We have been talking to all kinds of developers of US R & D ahh...NATEC with their

future initiative program ahh..DARPA and we looked at all of their cool equipment they are prototyping today. Chose the ones we thought would work best in the game.

Top on the list is a BIG CAN OF WHOOP A#$%.

With a BIG CAN OF WHOOP A#$%.,our warfighters can gain access to denied spaces and perform tasks safely, covertly, and efficiently.

;););)

I dont know what to tell you Mean.Ive never seen something like that as part of a breaching tool.Im positive I havent seen them all though.They worked with the people on those programs and they dont even know what it does.Maybe it doesnt do anything useful besides when hanging the gun.

Edited by Johnny

It would be ok if it was retractable, but it's not. What it is, is a 'hooky thing' that in the real world would errrr...hook onto things and often not by choice. I've lost countless smock and trousers buttons by snagging them on cam nets and webbing, so having a hook at the end of a rifle would cause some headaches that's for sure. It's completely impractical for use in breaching. It's an attachment and will more likely snap off. Has Ubi been watching 'Dad's Army'? "Don't paniiiic...don't paniiiiic !!!

DS