GameTrailers "Live Demo Part I + II" gameplay footage

FifaJay

That game could have been a trailer for GOW3 or Killzone 3, but not a Ghost Recon game. Or a Ghost Recon game that I recognise. Maybe the GRAW fans are excited about this and think it has anything to do with Ghost Recon but for me and other [Ghost Recon] fans, we know better. How a great game could be reduced to such an arcade mess is a disaster.

Yeh, this is a whole new direction.

Ubi tried to sell us on the invisible cloak thing by proving it was real world tech, realistically expected on the battlefield in the near future, fine. Then in this video we see Ghosts sneaking up to within 2 metres of an enemy, who still cannot see him when looking right at him. Sorry, that's BS.

Then, a forward roll in the battlefield? With a loaded rocket launcher strapped to your shoulder? Oh dear oh dear. :rolleyes:

I really had to shut it down though when Lacey boasted about playing the full campaign co-op with FOUR players for the first time (click to hear quote) . Uhm, the first time around actually we had NINE players, or does Ghost Recon just not count anymore? It's becoming harder and harder to watch Ubisoft sell a cut down game as something that's improved.

Every single GR game so far has been fully playable in coop for at least 4 players???

GRAW and GRAW 2 didn't let you play the campaign in co-op mode, so I guess that's what they're talking about. But the games prior to GRAW those had GOOD 16-player co-op support for the campaigns, so I'm not sure what they're really bragging about here.

I feel we are just going to have to wait and see how much of the old school GR they allowed into the game. The question is will it still maintain the tatical aspect of war with the "recon" feel. This is set way in the future so the question is was it too far in the future? I will be picking this up though because it looks really good so far, We only saw a few mins of one map with not so good video quality but i could see myself adapting to it without much of a problem. In other words it didn't make me feel like i would be playing COD or Halo. By now we all should know that the old GR is dead and gone and UBI is not bringing that type of game back, (i wish i had an answer for that one) but they could however revive some of the core gameplay which they said they have done so we will see, still to early to tell. But i agree with what the other poster said about being so close and still not beng able to see that outline of a human that is just unrealistic., not to mention it was in bright daylight.

The gameplay footage looks very sleek and fluid, its certainly looking like an impovement over GRAW for me. They seem to have ditched the need for a cloak when going invis. . . I agree that it is unrealistic for the AI to fail to hear the footsteps going up the stairs and the outline from such a short distance, although shouldnt be so much of a problem in mp. Still, with quite some time before the release I am impressed.

And - much preferring the new minimalistic on screen interface

Edited by ResidentPSYCHO

Cloak definitely seemed over the top. Not crazy about their guns either...but, I didn't really expect anything else after the screenshots from the past few months and some of the other tie-in titles like Future War or whatever it was called.

I'm not too worried about the cloaking thing just yet as these demos are always played on god mode and I'm curious how much difference that would have made but time will tell.

Did GR PC have full campaign co-op? I dont think Xbox did, at least I certainly don't remember it being there and sure I wouldve but I'm getting old lmao

Did GR PC have full campaign co-op? I dont think Xbox did, at least I certainly don't remember it being there and sure I wouldve but I'm getting old lmao

GR2 and Summit Strike definitely had the full campaigns in co-op on xbox live. I don't think GR or GRIT did though.

GR/DS/IT full campaign missions were playable in coop with up to 9 players on the the PC.

32 missions I think altogether, only thing I can think of different is in SP you unlocked heros, and 4 missions had a video play at the end.

The exact same mission files are used for SP and coop

GR2 and Summit Strike definitely had the full campaigns in co-op on xbox live. I don't think GR or GRIT did though.

I thought they were different story missions to single player?

God my memorys not good lol

Thanks for the PC info guys :)

Wow, my heart sank when I saw these E3 gameplay videos :(

The gameplay is straight comical.. The enemies are made to be so stupid, that it's almost funny. The cool and calm ghosts' chatter while popping headshots at 1-2 meters is just so out of place and funny. My favourite part is when he eliminates the stationary gunner, hold's him without the AI noticing his pal has "a new face".. goes up the stairs without alerting the dude beneath. Then shoots another enemy in the back of the head with his own teammember standing right in front of him :yes:

Thank goodness there will be a multiplayer beta for this, cause multiplayer is all I care about in ghost games.. The beta should be enough for me to see if I'm done with the series :)

No that's GRAW/GRAW2.. They had separate 16-player co-op campaigns that were also playable solo, and arguably better than the (linear, short, easy) single player campaigns.

I WOULD SAY I'M OPEN TO THE NEW EXPERIENCE BUT IT'S SAME OLD SAME OLD REALLY, IF I WANT A SCI FI GAME I'LL STICK WITH MASS EFFECT. ;) I'LL TRY THE DEMO IF IT'S EVER RELEASED.

but i like the new playable guy mitchell (to me) was so up himself and his voice went through me so i am hoping kozak is a little different. apparently he's meant to have more personality and he speaks his mind so i like the sound of him he reminds me of my brother.

what happened to the real ghost recon way guys? the ghosts used their expertees to take someone out but if the going got tough you would use the technology but now it seems captain fancy pants and his band of idiots with guns let their little robot do the job

Edited by zeealice

No that's GRAW/GRAW2.. They had separate 16-player co-op campaigns that were also playable solo, and arguably better than the (linear, short, easy) single player campaigns.

Thanks for clarifying, you can tell I didn't play much co-op back then can't you lol.... that was the height of my clanning days, obsessed is an understatment :lol:

Well I can say definitively this will be the first Ghost Recon game I will not even bother with. I can't even explain in words how dumbed down it appears. I think my IQ dropped a few points just watching the "demo". I wouldn't even categorize this as a new direction for GR, it is now in a completely different space-time continuum. No wonder they postponed it until after COD7 and MoH were released.

Sad when they boast about 4 player coop as if it is cutting edge or something. I'm almost scared to even think about what the next Rainbow Six is going to be like.

Sad when they boast about 4 player coop as if it is cutting edge or something.

That's what really irks me. I am actually on the point of creating a chart, with a features list down the right, and two columns of tick boxes on the right. One column for GR and one for GRFS. Kind of like one of those charts you see for a free version versus a pay version of a product. In fairness it should be published before the game, to give Ubi at least a chance to close the gap :whistle:

If anyone wants to help drop me a PM!

Seriously, the level they demoed looked boring. Your whole team is cloaked, at the beginning you get a satelite intel feed that highlights all the enemies on a dried up seaside boardwalk. There is some team chatter, one of your teammates moves up, then you do what he says to do - move up and take out this guy.... Hold, OK... Move up. Wait, wait.... Now, take him out.... Wait, let him pass... Now follow him up the stairs.. OK, take him out...