Ghost Recon.net Forums
Deadpreacher

Alien Computers

Im planning on buying a new PC Desktop or Laptop. Anyways i been wanting a Alien Computer for years and now i got my chance i been looking on the www.alienware.com for what they got. Maybe im lazy or missing something here, but i can only find 4 Desktops and 3 Laptops on this site and no nothing for Touch Screens for ether. So unless someone can help me get a bigger list on how to find more in the Alienware computers i will move on to what i want to ask.

What i really would like is a Alien Laptop Touch to take to work and what not, but since i want a Alienware compter and touch screen i would like to know if Alien dont do a touch screen is it possible to get a Alien Desktop and buy a touch Screen monitor and with Software get the Desktop to read the screen like it would normaly? Is there anything i should be aware of adding a touch screen to a computer that dont normaly support it? Yes i want a Alien Compter, but if anyone has any tips or pros and cons with the Alienware computers on getting one or not getting one i will hear you out. Or also on just the touchscreen computers i should be aware of! I thank anyone who repleys and gives me any help or advise.

visit a local Microcenter, they have on display to demo

I wish i could. Nothing like that around here that would have Alien Computers. Anyways i think i got the web site down alittle better. You pick what ever style u like and build it from there. Well i check both Laptop and Desktop and nether of them in the building of it offer the touch screen. I did see in the desktop you can skip the monitor. So as long as i can get my own touch screen and they work with PC not normaly set up for it ok i think i will be fine with it. Now all i have to do is learn up on the touch screens and how well they do and easy to get to work on a computer that normaly wasnt set up for it. So anyone here know about adding a touch screen to your PC?

Windows 7 has support for touchscreen but I would not put much hope that computers not specifically designed for touchscreen (e.g. computers setup at retail checkouts, or new tablet style PCs like the iPad or new HP Slate) will be very functional. I guess it depends what you want - if you just want to open an icon it may be OK, but I doubt things like drag and drop will be very reliable on a system not specifically setup for touchscreen from the getgo.

I would say any major gaming computer manufacturer like Alienware would not do touchscreen at this time. If you look around PC hobbyist websites/magazines, it seems it's just not a feature that many PC users are looking for now.

If you find out any info to the contrary let us know!

With the popularity of the iPhone and handheld systems like the Nintendo DS, perhaps it's just a matter of time (like years) til we see more touchscreen on home desktop systems.

Yea i still need to look into bring a touch screen to a PC not normaly set up for it. As of now im more or less leaning to a Laptop still. Been looking around with Dell and HP (not really a fan of HP) in what they got. Its been way to long im not sure where else to look anymore on who has the best PCs and for great prices. Until i look some more in Laptop Touch screens i see Dell gots some good ones. Anyone know whats hot theses days for PC makers and Laptops?