Ghost Recon.net Forums
JohnTC02

GR:FS beta to be on Conviction disc

This may have been mentioned before but.....

If you buy Splinter Cell: Conviction next week, your entry to the Ghost Recon: Future Soldier multiplayer beta will be on the disc.

At least that’s according to a listing of Conviction from retailer GameStop, which states the information, with the offer applying to either online or in-store orders of the game.

http://www.gamenewshq.com/news/464244

A beta tester individual, provides a free service, they will run around all night long and report anything at all they find. Beta testers are essential. Now a beta tester for FS needs to purchase some random game they may not ever play, to be a beta tester?

:blink:

It could be worse...the beta tester pool could have just as easily been pulled from the next installment of TMNT.

EDIT:____

But assuming that Ubisoft run this process with the same level of inepitude (disfunctional bug report tools, resultant shadow forums, etc.) as they did for both :AW & :AW2 (PC), beta-testing per se, is not the true motivator here.

Marketing, i.e., moving that other title, is.

Crafty ######. :D

Edited by NoQuarter

Yes the FS beta is there to sell Conviction, nothing more. Sadly there will be people who buy Conviction just to play the beta.

I'm a fan of both titles so that works out great for me! And yes I know there is a lot of negative buzz surrounding Conviction. But it's been over 3 yrs since the last iteration of Splinter Cell so I'm kind of anxious to check out the final product.

There must be a limit to the number of testers required for the beta phase so dose buying Conviction guarantee you a place for testing GR:FS. If there is a cap on this there will be a lot of people who are in for a big disappointment, even more so if they bought Conviction just for the GR:FS beta.

But assuming that Ubisoft run this process with the same level of inepitude (disfunctional bug report tools, resultant shadow forums, etc.) as they did for both :AW & :AW2 (PC), beta-testing per se, is not the true motivator here.

Marketing, i.e., moving that other title, is.

Crafty ######. :D

Oh I forgot about all that debacle last time.

*dusts off emergency fan beta bug reporting system*

There must be a limit to the number of testers required for the beta phase...
It was varied for :AW*...closed, then open beta testing. Neither was effective. Rough quess but 60% of verified problems went unaddressed.

No closed beta has been announced so you can be sure that it will be a free-for-all...full of those users only (or primarily) concerned with being the first kid on the block with the program.

____

@Rocky: It might prove educational for those who were not involved if you reopened those hidden sections, if only to show just how seriously Ubi takes these things, or their Valued customers.

I was looking for some stuff online and came across this a few days ago,if you want to make use of it.

SCC box art with GRFS transparent label attached.Hopefully its not photoshopped.

http://i311.photobucket.com/albums/kk469/f...1358ps_500h.jpg

Hey and cheers for the mention of our vid on your main page.Much appreciated.

Edited by FifaJay

I was told it will be implemented with an update for SCC, and notification will be sent to registered Uplay accounts.

Make sure you keep your SCC game disk, this is how you will access the beta.