Ghost Recon.net Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dick Splash

Road Warriors - ITV Documentary Series

Hey, I really enjoyed this (was completely off my radar regarding ads etc)

I guess as a soft civvie I didn't know just how involved delivering a tin of beans could really be :P

I must be an unreconstructed sexist too, because I never knew how close to a combat situation the female suppor staff actually get.

I'm looking forward to the next one, thanks.

:wacko: I see Trucks everywere lol

and a few of them may make the mod list.

Excellent series well worth a watching, deffinatlly unsung heros,

Utube link was not good, didnt show full episodes but the ITV link works great

Thanks DS

I'm looking forward to the next one, thanks.

If you can see ITV Player then you can watch all the episodes, including Road Warriors - The Extra Mile.

Did you see the episode, where the eighteen year old girl took a wrong turn by mistake? It was at night and the next two wagons followed her. One of the wagons then ended up in the canal. What a nightmare! They had no comms and the rest of the convoy didn't have a Scooby, so the senior decided to get help ASAP, knowing that the four youngest and inexperienced he left behind [including the girl] were in great danger as it was getting daylight. Nobody seemed surprised that as help was on the way, the Taliban had struck with RPG's and small arms. It all played out in front of a drone camera and one truck burnt to the ground. Nobody was injured, the Taliban legged it and I'm sure that the camera crew were happy that they left with the senior to get help.

DS

I watched the first 3 so far. I definitely think the first one nailed it though with regard to conveying the tension and danger to the viewer. Especially when the reinforcements just took their own sweet time gearing up for the rescue.

I was thinking that too about the camera crew, they are intentionally invisible (no questions aired, just responses) which works really well, but they must have felt pretty visible just then, with just a half dozen squaddies on the enemies doorstep.

The other thing that amazed me about this series was just how they spot the IEDs along mile after mile of desert, the metal detector guys can't be walking in front of the trucks the whole time

Picked this up on DVD today, it is a great documentry :thumbsup: 2 Disc edition 4 extended epesod's and then the second disc is the "The extra mile" 360mins of veiwing well worth the £13.00 plus some cash from the sale goes to " Help for Heros" which is not a bad thing, so bought 2 copys :yes: Christmas is coming