Paris studio versions announced (x360+PS3)

Pave Low

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope to be able to give a bit more detail, but give me a bit. Once this video is live I'm going to catch a bit more sleep and head into the office to see what I can talk about.

Video? There's a video coming. Yippee! Me no understand big word like "state-of-the-art," "fresh gameplay," uparralleled level of quality."

Seriously, just want to see something. Is that later today?

I like the logo if it's the metal looking one and not the electric GRAW looking one below.

Im more concerned about RSE involvement with the title than the flashy CGI video we will see.

Hmm, good point. I luv cg as much as the next person, but it's not working for me so much with game engines being so capable these days. I'm more interested in seeing the actual game then another shiny Blur produced cg cinematic.

Still, its something. Maybe we'll get both.

To play test you have to fork out for another full priced game. A game that I am not interested in at all.

I am in a similar situation as you, although I will wait for some reviews first as the interview on xbox live made it sound ok.

I wonder if you buy the splinter cell game will it come with a code and if so could you then sell the game on and still access the Beta? I am trying to remember how crackdown dealt with the Halo 3 Beta, I think it used a code and you had to insert the game disc in order to download.

We're trying to get more info on how this will actually work, shortly. Hang tight!

At last an official annoncement but I guess UBI focus is with the 360 and don't get me wrong I own one but the question is, are PC users going to get a proper version of the game?

Oh well prepare for the worst and hope for the best

PS3 and 360: same dev team, same release date, same content

PC info details coming at a later time

Take from that what you will...

Wow that last message was cyrtic. Maybe RSE are making the PC version which would be GREAT news. Especially as Im buying a kick ass PC next month. Well kick ass for my budget anyway.

Going further with this. If RSE are only making the MP component then we are unlikely to see modding capabilities.

BUT

If they are making the PC version then maybe we will see IGOR's great great grandkid.

wow that was anticlimactic

No platforms have been announced.

Beta test is for XBOX 360 exclusive?

Quote BOLD text below

Ubisoft is offering gamers a chance to be the first to play Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Future Soldier’s Multiplayer Beta this summer 2010. This exclusive beta invitation will be available for a limited time to customers who purchase Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Conviction™ for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, which releases on 16 April 2010.

Edited by [SFP]FUNKILL

Beta test is for XBOX 360 exclusive?

Quote BOLD text below

Ubisoft is offering gamers a chance to be the first to play Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Future Soldier’s Multiplayer Beta this summer 2010. This exclusive beta invitation will be available for a limited time to customers who purchase Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Conviction™ for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, which releases on 16 April 2010.

A beta on Xbox360 is all thats been confirmed for now, whether that will change I've no idea

Edited by kleaneasy

When the PC version is released let's hope the editor is included from the outset, don't make us wait a year before we get one like we did with GRAW2.

I have very little experience with IGOR but have spent countless hours in the GRAW2 editor and while I think this editor is very good I just hope and pray that whatever editor is packaged with the new release we don't have the bugs that is in the GRAW2 one.

:unsure: humm the Logo

Is it me or does it hint at

A you can see through things with some kind of X-ray goggels

or

B its just activated some kind of re-active camo

:huh: why else would they depict a logo with a part missing ;)

:unsure: humm the Logo

Is it me or does it hint at

A you can see through things with some kind of X-ray goggels

or

:huh: why else would they depict a logo with a part missing ;)

Hmmm, if you zoom in it does kind of look like the missing part of the skull has a radar scope in it.

Interesting to see if devs go along with the GRAW series (which virtually killed the GR T vs T MP community) or if they manage to recreate the playability and flexibility as it was in GR.

PS OFP:DR had the "GR" gameplay feeling but failed miserably on the server interface, friendliness and options.

If just they made an "OFP:DR with GR/GRAW sized maps and the friendliness of MP as Modern Warfare" but with SADS, pretty please, this Future Soldier will be an interesting game indeed.

Cheers

Peace I think you raise a good point.

A lot of people seem to focus on the future aspect of GRAW and now this title, yet they seem to forget GR was a title based in the future with future weapons. What didn’t make GRAW in some people’s eyes was the apparent removal from team play and such. So by the same token what would make this title is a solid team play feel with a solid set of options within the game allowing for longevity.

I think people need to focus their feedback on those aspects if we’re to see the game we want.

It's a Cloaking Device

GRFS_Uncloak.jpg

here they are "uncloaking" looks to be literally a cloak or net they wear

Watch the end of the Trailer video (needs Silverlight to run)

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/g/ghostrec...ier/default.htm

Features

As a member of the elite Ghost Recon, you are among the few who possess the power, the adaptability, and the cognitive fortitude of the future soldier in Tom Clancy™’s Ghost Recon: Future Soldier™. Specialized in every area of combat, equipped for survival, and trained in absolute discretion, you are entrusted with the missions no other soldier can handle. Armed to the teeth with an arsenal of real-world high-tech weaponry only in prototype today, you are an F-16 on legs, trained to lock-on to your objective even in the world’s most complex, high-risk warzones.

The Trailer had a vibe that felt like they were trying to imitate Crysis (which is not necessarily a bad thing, if they can manage to do it right/better)

Edited by Pave Low

A lot of people seem to focus on the future aspect of GRAW and now this title, yet they seem to forget GR was a title based in the future with future weapons.

There are limits to this. Including a prototype assault rifle is a lot different than featuring exoskeletons and active camouflage.

Edited by TheNatureRoy

A lot of people seem to focus on the future aspect of GRAW and now this title, yet they seem to forget GR was a title based in the future with future weapons.

There are limits to this. Including a prototype assault rifle is a lot different than featuring exoskeletons and active camouflage.

Even when they're real??

If a game set in the future is meant to be realistic why would it not include real weaponry?

Eh...GR may have been set in 2008, but is more grounded in reality. The most futuristic weapon was the OICW and they still made it have the cool "real" edge to it. I think the problem with the AWs is that they went overboard and it become more sci-fi then real...more cheesy then believable even if it is based on possible weapon systems. GRs future was more about "events" and less about laser guns and huds.

EDIT: I should add that the GRAWs x360 MP portion felt more grounded in reality, but both PC modes and x360 SP were in that too future realm.

You take something like cod:mw1+2, and people like it because it's gritty reality type stuff. Even if they introduce a few future tech things like a heartbeat sensor, they do it in a way where it still feels good and not like a StarWars game.

I dont' know what to make of this video. It was ok, doesn't really get me excited for anything since it didn't really show anything, though I'll most likely get the game, I'd love to actually see something from it.

The new Tom Clancy logo I've seen every now and then really bugs me too. The stance worked alright for a pistol, but looks a little on the dumb side when he's holding an assault rifle. Some things just don't need to be changed.

Edited by Brettzies

When i read this:

This exclusive beta invitation will be available for a limited time to customers who purchase Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Conviction™ for the Xbox 360® video game

I hope the context will not be the same as COD MW2 :whistle:

No dedicated server, no mod tools.

Why just for Xbox360?

Intentional forgetting players pc for beta testing?