Apple iPad Announced

Rocky

As been mentioned here, tablet pc's have been our for a while and truthfully my netbook can do anything the ipad can (yes they both also don't have cdroms lol).

One of the biggest shortcomings is no physical keyboard. On the iphone it didn't matter because you weren't typing a whole document ... but on a 500$ device for browsing the net? Yes i know you can get one soon for that weird connector... but who it going to hold your ipad when you type or what will you prop it up against? The problem with touch keyboards was first seen with tablet pcs. They have no feel to them so you have to look @ your keys.

Also ... this is a problem i have with my wifes iphone that i imagine you have with the ipad. Say you type something like www.gghostrecon.net, realize you did type an extra g. I find it frustration on trying to click back and almost always just erase my way back to my mistake because it won't let me click between the two g's.

Finally big issue with me is fingerprints.

Here is a good list of it's shortcomings.

http://www.livescience.com/technology/13-g...Google%20Reader

I don't think it's a good list of shortcomings at all, I mean come on, it starts with "You can't carry it on your hip like a phone" :blink: Uhm, maybe that's because it isn't a phone and is not trying to be one :blink:

Sorry but that list is obviously biased.

I'm not saying the iPad doesn't have any short comings, but the list is far shorter than that one, and more fairly addressed in the ars article, IMO.

I don't think it's a good list of shortcomings at all, I mean come on, it starts with "You can't carry it on your hip like a phone" :blink: Uhm, maybe that's because it isn't a phone and is not trying to be one :blink:

Sorry but that list is obviously biased.

I'm not saying the iPad doesn't have any short comings, but the list is far shorter than that one, and more fairly addressed in the ars article, IMO.

I don't think you got what they ment. There is no carrying case for it, and obviously you can't put it into your pocket like a phone.

I imagine 3rd parties will make sleeves for them but my asus netbook came with one.

and note... it is the iphone o/s ;) lol... so it is a phone without the phone.

Did you catch this part... at 29 seconds...

One of the commenters did...

Must say though... I literally laughed out loud when she said "I want the one that takes a picture!" (0:29) @Apple: Oops

haha the kid even realized there wasn't a webcam or camera.

Very cute vid though... nice find.

• 2 weeks later...