Ghost Recon.net Forums
cajun47

whats you greatest fear about GR:FS ?

When I first heard the new tittle name "Predator" I laughed hard. The first thing that came to mind was the movie Predator with Arnold Swarzenegger :lol:

The tittle kept me busy for a while, thinking how this game would look like. I stopped thinking about it cause it makes you have expectations... right now I don't have any expectation so I won't be disappointed. If it turns out great good for them.

But my fear is...

The community will never never be the same again and a game will never grow as big and live so long as GR.

What made GR great is not only the game but the community around the game. I remember the early days of GR, I just had finished the campaign and wanted to play online. GR was my first online experience. With founding Omega-Operations with several members from a previous clan we founded a dedicated coop clan. With Omega we participated in several coop tournaments and also hosted a couple of coop tournaments ourselves.

GR became great because of the scripting, modding and tournament community around the game. GR brought a lot of talented scripters and modellers to light. GR lived on those people and the players who played the missions and mods.

I know that there are other games you can mod and so but not like GR!

Those days are over, today no game publisher allows a game to grow so big and live so long with such vast number of dedicated players. They want to build a fanbase around a game and hope that fanbase will buy the next game. As you see now they bring a new game out every 2 years or so. They just see the money they can scoop up bringing out a new sequel every 2 years. They put a lot of effort in making the game look appealing. Nice graphics and special effects and stuff but they forget the core...

I was talking about Ghost Recon the very first Ghost Recon the Ghost Recon. I'll pick up GRAW later today for 10 euro even GRAW2 is now 10 euro.

One man has the right vision and that is Mr. Jsonedecker with the tittle Ground Branch

Edited by Spyro

my greatest fear besides it being a cheap-port or getting canceled altogether is that it will be too much like GRAW 1 & 2, which I didnt like nearly as much as GR1 (multiplayer fun)

LETS GAME my little SPYRO !!!!

-M-

ps: if gr4 turns out great game, we (approx 3veteran coop players) will be available as

bounty hunters :zorro:

or if u got a great fun clan, let us know.

Hi M and Spyro, long time. :D

On the off chance we actually get any info on this game before it is released, I am to start a mod group if interested, if modding is even possible.

<_<

Pfff , u have a second life for me with some spare time :D

Im very busy these days with photography, family etc etc etc i dont see time to mod if i ever wanna play gr4 too :blink:

How bout a position in your GR4-team? :thumbsup:

-M-

Hi M and Spyro, long time. :D

On the off chance we actually get any info on this game before it is released, I am to start a mod group if interested, if modding is even possible.

<_<

Yes it's been a long time, 3-4 years :D

It's no surprise, we lost touch, the coop community from back in the days is scattered over different game titles. GRAW and ARMA couldn't live up to GR and our clan broke appart, everyone went there own way.

Haven't got GRAW yet, storekeeper said it would come back in thuesday or could come back within 2-3 weeks from now :(

I'll check some more stores for a copy of GRAW. Mordred and Brutus play GRAW almost everyday, it's annoying now that I can't join in now, why didn't I bought it when I had in my hands 3 weeks back arrghh :wall:

When I have it we can arrange some coop games with 9MS ;)

We'll see what GR4 will bring in the future... realy hoping ubi would give us some more info on the title...

We'll see what GR4 will bring in the future... realy hoping ubi would give us some more info on the title...

None, sadly I think the good old days of our favorite kind of shooter are behind us.

unless, WE bring it back !! it doesn't have to die if we dont let it. 0:)

My greatest fear is the game will have small maps like COD 4.

We need maps atleast the size of Ghost Recon, preferably much larger, with a draw distance of atleast 2500 meters.

I want to be able to see far and snipe from long range and to remain hidden. Big maps with stealth is what I like.

I also hope GR4 will have tons of weapons and attachments, and we can customize our weapon kits and save them.

That cooperative play is limited to less than 10 players (e.g. Elimination).

We need maps atleast the size of Ghost Recon, preferably much larger, with a draw distance of atleast 2500 meters.

I want to be able to see far and snipe from long range and to remain hidden. Big maps with stealth is what I like.

I also hope GR4 will have tons of weapons and attachments, and we can customize our weapon kits and save them.

GR Maps were roughly 400 x 400

The playing filed on :AW were not much bigger.

But you want 2500 x 2500

Anything even close to 1000M in this type of game would simply be huge and not needed.

That cooperative play is limited to less than 10 players (e.g. Elimination).

Is Elimination not Team versus Team?

8 for Coop would be fine, always thought 12 was a bit too much, but I know others have different opinions on that.

2500 square meter map isnt huge, its big.

ARMA uses a map thats 400 square kilometers, thats kilometeters, not meters.

I would be happy if we got 1,000 square meters, its not that big when you consider a Barret sniper rifle can shoot targets much further than that.

I realize games with very large maps have vehichles, and I would not want a GR game to go that route. So a map can be too big.

At a bare minimum 500 square meter map, and a max of 2500 meter map would be what I would like to play on.

Im sick of games where you can only snipe at a max of 250 yards or less.

As I have written in past wishlist discussions, at whatever draw distance UBI chooses I just hope that my sniper can hit it if I can hit it. In GRAW I could play the role of the sniper and hit a target from some position and then play the same mission and place my sniper in the same position and he would not take the shot. Same for GRAW2 and the sniper in GRAW2 couldn't hit his own armpit if he had a mirror and a pistol in each hand. :angry:

I agree when it comes to weapon customization. I'm fine with a weight limit but within that limit, we should be able to select any combination of weapons we want including placing any sight or scope on any rifle we want. I'm sure past limitations on rifle/scope combo's were placed to make the game more challenging. All well and good but make it more challenging in some other way.

OldGhost.

[Replaced bolded word]

Edited by Tinker