Max Brooks is going to get people killed...

Serellan

Perhaps he's meaning 22 caliber? Not .22LR specifically? Or maybe a typo?

i.e.: .223 Rem (AR-15s) or 5.7x28mm (FN 5.7s handguns or P90s).

Just a thought... :hehe:

Amusing blog post though... Zombie Apocalypse is the topic of many OP conversations here. :)

Personally, I believe in a variety until you find what works best. I will have a sawed off .30-30 lever action though... because it's badass! :D

Unfortunetly it's not a typo, he has propogated the "bounce around" myth that a .22 LR is just as effective as a .45 ACP in a headshot.

Agreed, a .30-30 lever would be great. Handy, light, accurate, good rate of fire, the ability to top-off the mag. I love my Winchester 94. A good lever gun in .357 mag would be handy as well, close to the effectiveness of a .30-30 (a bit less range), with lighter ammo.

I've always understood the "bounce around" argument with 22LR to be at close-range (suicide). I know there was a case where it actually happened and was on one of those TV Crime shows or whatever.

Haha, have you seen Zombieland? Woody Harrelson's character carries a sawed off .30-30, which is why I had to laugh and attest to its awesomeness. Because Woody = Awesome and Woody = Sawed off .30-30 therefore Sawed off .30-30 = Awesome (Associative Property? It's been a long time since I've taken algebra! :) )

Pending government collapse and/or zombie apocalypse I've been researching Bug Out Bags and gear for my truck to make it my Bug Out Truck. I'm looking at a pretty big move next fall, and the Army has drilled in my head "worst case scenarios" so I feel I should be more prepared than I am now. Cool stuff out there for BOBs and BOVs, still working on BOLs (Locations) though.

I'll hold out for a plasma rifle in the 50megawatt capacity.

BUT..failing that,

I'll trust good ol' SS109 that is available in quantity here. That and a .45 should do the trick.

He's propagating an urban myth. The uninformed will start carrying little pea shooter .22LR as CCW soon enough. That would not end well.