Ghost Recon.net Forums
teko92

Where to buy GR download in Europe

Hi.

I am located for some months in Munich and suddenly came to miss my old Ghost Recon CDs that are safely located back in Denmark. I thought, no problem, let's purchase the full package again.

However, in none of the stores I found I was able to purchase the game as download edition when located in Europe. Only US, Mexico and Canada gamers have access.

Do you know of a place where I can purchase the old games?

Thanks

Troels

Hi,

Thanks for helping out. I am now in process of checking with Steam service. I wonder why I would have to buy through Steam rather than direct from Ubi but so far it seems that there are no restrictions for their Ghost Recon complete package. Right now I am struggling with remembering my password but I will eventually get there. Will post here if it worked.

Thanks

Troels

Hi.

I can confirm that Steampowered.com allows for purchase of the Ghost Recon game series for users in Europe (e.g. Denmark).

However, for my particular situation I am unable to purchase while here because my credit card information is still Danish but my IP reports as German. Hence, I am unable to proceed with the actual purchase. Anyway. Will have to wait until later then to download when I am home.

Best

Troels

Why would the credit card make a difference? I purchase stuff from Europe for Flight Simulator from the US all the time. Where the credit card is issued should not matter though I cannot say as I have not used Steam before.

hi. Seems you are right. Encouraged by your post I filled in the credit card info and as billing address I used my current temporary address in Munich. Seems the two are not linked by the credability check because now the Ghost Recon is downloading nicely. Thanks for your suggestions.

Best. Troels

Something to be aware of about the Steam version of GR, is that it's only compatible with the steam versions of the Desert Siege and Island Thunder expansions. Not a problem if you're planning on getting them all through Steam, just don't expect a boxed copy of DS or IT, or a copy from another Internet retailer, to work.