Ghost Recon.net Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ben

Adding objects or vehicles into MP maps ?

Hello all,

Like the description already says... I am trying to add simple objects or vehicles into Multiplayer maps, just like you can add a gun turrets in the map.

Everyone that has ever played Ghost Recon online (Team vs Team) knows certain spawns have a huge disadvantage compared with the other 3 spawns in the map.

Take Red Square for example, all 4 spawns are in one of the 4 corners of that big square in the south. But the spawn that is northwest - near the entrance to that huge central building in the map - can't really escape in most cases. Even if you play with only 2 teams with Random Insertion Zones on -> It only takes one quick peek at that corner to completely block that team from ever leaving their corner.

So, the perfect solution (besides adding very thick fog) is adding some extra cover (objects, still standing vehicles) so the other spawns on the maps can't see that corner very well, but also to give the normally trapped team a way to fight back by slowly advancing from object to object.

tl;dr:

How to add objects or vehicles in Multiplayer: Team vs Team (LMS, HH etc) maps?

Maybe it's really easy, but i couldn't get it done. In the end i was trying to create a mission without any bots,but with vehicles on tactical spots, that has the HH or LMS gametype objective as highest priority. That was the idea atleast, i don't know how to get it to work though.

Did someone already manage to make something like this? Any help? Tips? Downloads?

I want to use these ''new'' improved maps for Ghostleague ('0' respawns, HH-Warzone-Domination competition).

Right now we are only using maps with 4 equal spawns, so all spawns have about 25% chance of winning the round. All maps that we couldn't modify into a fair map (like Red Square or Riverbed) were removed from the mod we created. (if spawn determines who wins... you get it ;))

Thanks for reading guys!

Kind regards,

Ben

You cannot add vehicles to a .gtf file (Game Type File)

What you can do though...

Open New

Open each map in turn, add vehicles to the map, import the T v T gtf file and save as mission, made available for T v T.

:thumbsup:

Thanks so much :)

Just some feedback & questions:

If i don't select a team my guy starts at the insertion zone ("the mission") and if i select a team i spawn at one of the 4 basespawns (red, blue, gold/yellow, green). I noticed the kitrestrictions are different also then.

This is ''standard'' then? I seems the mission and HH gametype are running at the same time or something. I am just wondering what would happen if we run this mission in a public server and not every player ''teams up''. It seems like it's possible to have a 5th team then. (blue, red, yellow, green & insertion zone)

All tanks fire at me! I assume i can turn this off? :D

I'm required to take M136. (related to the question above).

Since i am still fairly new to modding, maybe you or anyone else can tell me if there are some kind of ''model packs''. I'm looking for objects like ''wooden panels/walls'' and other nice things, besides vehicles, i can add in a map.

Once again, Thanks!

- Ben

If i don't select a team my guy starts at the insertion zone ("the mission") and if i select a team i spawn at one of the 4 basespawns (red, blue, gold/yellow, green). I noticed the kitrestrictions are different also then.

This is ''standard'' then? I seems the mission and HH gametype are running at the same time or something. I am just wondering what would happen if we run this mission in a public server and not every player ''teams up''. It seems like it's possible to have a 5th team then. (blue, red, yellow, green & insertion zone)

I am not too sure about T v T stuff, but would assume that everyone would have to pick a team to be in.

All tanks fire at me! I assume i can turn this off?

Nothing can be done about this, Tank will be recognised as it`s own company. Try a truck maybe instead?

Since i am still fairly new to modding, maybe you or anyone else can tell me if there are some kind of ''model packs''. I'm looking for objects like ''wooden panels/walls'' and other nice things, besides vehicles, i can add in a map.

There are objects withinh various mods, but not sure if permissions to use are there too.

Here is a 6M x 3M wall I made earlier:

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p292/9M...min/wall_01.jpg

Feel free to use as you please.

DOWNLOAD

:)

*Edit*

Couple more variations:

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p292/9M...in/wall_2_3.jpg

DOWNLOAD

Things like that are usefull yes :) I'll check them out when i have time later this week (i hope)... damn exams and reports :(

I'll have a look at some mods to see if i see something useful for our league. And don't worry, we're aware of copyrights and ownership etc :) We really respect your ("the modders") work :)

Thanks again Tinker!