New MW2 Video... Horribly outrageous... *Spoiler*

Snake@War

This post is concerned with a leaked SP video that is beginning to cause outrage in the community. There are spoilers in the video that show off one of the SP missions designed to be emotionally stirring and.... well you'll find out.

Outrageous MW2 video. I can't wait to see the flak they get for this in the press.... Yeah.

Oh BTW...

Kotaku says that Third Person Camera Is No Rumor.

I'm actually not upset about that. To be honest, if it's done right, I think it could be pretty cool. That's a big if though. It gives you better situational/peripheral awareness, plus it lets you watch the awesome animations. I actually tend to wait a while after a round starts so I get to watch my team mates sprint, occasionally. Now, IF I do eventually get the game, I won't have to. :)

I just hope they add SADS.

Edit:

New link to a better video.

The airport portion of the level are extremely graphic from what I've seen. People trying to drag loved ones to safety as you calmly pop them. I highly doubt this will go over well with main stream media given the terrorist problems over the past several decades.

I'm not sure how accurate this source is that I have, but this guy her locally runs a company that broadcast COD4 tournaments and they have their own radio show that sometimes features the guys from bashandslash. He told me this past Sunday that some leaked info hinted at dedicated servers in the first patch. I'm somewhat dubious of that though since I don't don't see IW bending over backwards on this issue.

I'm trying to figure how the third person view will work. If it's an individual option or server option. You'd think it would be server setting. It would make it easier to detect people sneaking up behind you unfortunately.

The airport portion of the level are extremely graphic from what I've seen. People trying to drag loved ones to safety as you calmly pop them. I highly doubt this will go over well with main stream media given the terrorist problems over the past several decades.

I dout very much that "you" the player will be doing tha :unsure: t from the clips that were about last week it looked more like a cut scene Like the exacution scene in the first game.

I dout very much that "you" the player will be doing tha :unsure: t from the clips that were about last week it looked more like a cut scene Like the exacution scene in the first game.

We may not be doing it anymore, but I just found a full 9 minutes vid, full mission. Civvys where being slaughtered all the way through by the mass.

If really interested, just google, sure others have downloaded it same as I just did.

<_<

I'm trying to figure how the third person view will work. If it's an individual option or server option. You'd think it would be server setting. It would make it easier to detect people sneaking up behind you unfortunately.

If you read the article I linked to, :P you would see that it is a server side option... Well technically it is a playlist, like hardcore, old school, or standard games.

I was talking about the type of 3rd person camera. I am concerned. Will it be like the GRAW camera or more like Socom? In Socom it's WAY too easy to do the whole look around corners without really looking.

I sure hope your informant has reliable information. That would justify my purchase of the game.

:)

Also, could someone post a translation of the intro to the mission?

I have a better link to the video in the first post.

Snake, out.

Yeah, I don't know if it will be in the game at release Hammer, but the videos that I saw were of a person controlling the character and mowing down the civilians in the airport. If it makes it to the final release of the game I'll be surprised, but you never know.

It's also still up at Gametrailers

From what I understand (the French language isn't one of my fortes, to put it mildly), you play as a CIA operative infiltrating a terrorist group. As you walk with the four terrorists through the airport terminal, you're not actually required to shoot any civilians. Later, when you confront the SWAT team, killing them is very much necessary in order to survive (in the vid, the player is killed at one point and has to restart from the most recent checpoint). Then at the end, you get shot by one of the terrorists just as you are to make your escape with them.

The way I see it, it's more of an interactive cutscene than a mission proper, the main purpose being to hammer home the message of just how evil these terrorists are.

• 3 weeks later...