Fall Of The Republic

Dick Splash

Let's try to avoid a "political discussion."

Thats like a gag order saying .. "don't talk about it please".

I thought political discussion was frowned at in the military forum?

Anyway its hard to post these things and expect silence, but at least your letting it be posted so that's a good thing.

I just find sometimes it gets locked if people agree a lot with it in certain ways whereas it seems ok to leave unlocked when people who disagree firmly state their case. Things in the past went this way.

I will leave it open, but if this devolves into a true political discussion, I will lock it.

I don't see why you don't simply leave the conspiracy theory thread open to all opinions but lock anything else (but dont delete), I mean lets face it this off topic section is a DS info fest :) and dare to speak for it and open a debate its wobbly hand over the lock central ... leave one open for views I say.

And no that's not for my selfish reasons or ref the other locked post, that kind of made sense to a point :)

Let's try to avoid a "political discussion."

Thats like a gag order saying .. "don't talk about it please".

I thought political discussion was frowned at in the military forum?

Anyway its hard to post these things and expect silence, but at least your letting it be posted so that's a good thing.

I just find sometimes it gets locked if people agree a lot with it in certain ways whereas it seems ok to leave unlocked when people who disagree firmly state their case. Things in the past went this way.

I will leave it open, but if this devolves into a true political discussion, I will lock it.

I don't see why you don't simply leave the conspiracy theory thread open to all opinions but lock anything else (but dont delete), I mean lets face it this off topic section is a DS info fest :) and dare to speak for it and open a debate its wobbly hand over the lock central ... leave one open for views I say.

And no that's not for my selfish reasons or ref the other locked post, that kind of made sense to a point :)

Political discussions are frowned upon entirely here at GR.net. You've been here long enough that you should remember why. :)

You can talk about bailing out the banks and the outrageous bonuses that the top echelons of the banks and insurance companies are getting, but do not bring anything about any party affiliation or name any person in government office.

If you do not like how some threads are locked and others are not, take it up with Rocky. The aforementioned thread was getting out of hand, just like the previously locked 9/11 thread.

* cough * I did actually state:

And no that's not for my selfish reasons or ref the other locked post, that kind of made sense to a point

That goes for the one in the very past also.

All I'm pointing out is how can you talk about even corruption and banks without it being political? Thats what I was really speaking about. So then going by that stance don't all posts and threads like this need to be either banned and deleted to help pre-empt an oh-so-easy discussion that will obviously get political in some way?

You've been here long enough that you should remember why.

Its ok I don't suffer short memory syndrome so no need to repeat the point. But then shouldn't posts much like DS's recent ones be banned or locked on that basis? Or is it selective debate?

BTW you will probably notice I speak as I find I dont start threads like this (much) or even "that one" in the past. Not that I have issue with any of them or who does post it.

But ... again I agree that's for rocky I guess and taking even this thread O.T of itself.

Anyway thanks for posting D.S.

Its ok I don't suffer short memory syndrome so no need to repeat the point. But then shouldn't posts much like DS's recent ones be banned or locked on that basis? Or is it selective debate?

No offense, but sometimes your posts just don't make any sense. You say that the point (why political discussions aren't allowed) need not be repeated, ostensibly because you know why they're disallowed here. Then in the very next two sentences you turn around and essentially accuse Rocky and Co. of selectively allowing debates. If you know why political discussions aren't allowed, then it should be obvious that there aren't selective debates here. Rocky is probably one of the most fair-minded site owners that you will ever meet. I've never seen him silence one side of a debate. Not in the almost ten years that I've known him. Even if Rocky vehemently disagrees with someone, he'll let the topic continue until it gets ugly or goes political.

@ Para ..

Ive mentioned this before in a thread along time back. And not once am I suggesting Rocky runs this place like a one sided show he doesn't and I know that, so don't try to put words into my mouth, or maybe you misread my point. I was responding to WK ref its Rocky's show if you have issue, if anything I was referring to someone OTHER than Rocky.

This was my main point if you actually re-read it again:

I am torn about locking this as it seems as if it is political. For now, I will leave it open, but if this devolves into a true political discussion, I will lock it.

And all I'm saying is there's a fine line with what gets posted like this much like "other" threads where its not far from a political debate (lets be honest how near is the subject of this doc close to political?), so therefore if you already think you might lock it "if" and its pretty open to get their then maybe do so anyway. That's really what i'm saying not actually meaning you should, just making my point about the first few posts here. And to have it posted and then suggest don't get political then its selective because anyone bringing anything up to justify their point (if someone disagrees) may have to have a political slant and then .. its locks ahoy .. can you kind of see that at all?

Also note I asked it as a question about selective debate not a statement of fact, if you don't think so then cool was just a question.

I guess no one will and its happy days, but I was making a point becuase it didn't seem logical based on the subject matter of the doc.

And again I don't have issue with Rocky's running of the forum, I might have been around much recently but its a bloody good site and I was skulking here long enough before. And I was wrong ref it only political in military section, but then maybe put the same banner warning up in here also if that's the case (I think my confusion was this direct message only in the military area).

And I was wrong ref it only political in military section, but then maybe put the same banner warning up in here also if that's the case (I think my confusion was this direct message only in the military area).

The forums rules cover "no politics" for all forums. However, it was also posted separately in the military area as that area still seemed to get over run with political discussions.

Now, can we please get back on topic. If there is to be any further discussion about moderating this thread or the other conspiracy threads, please take it to a PM. Thanks