Ghost Recon.net Forums
Rocky

Windows 7 incoming!

Other then this small hiccup I've been pretty impressed. I'm jumping from xp straight to this. I never used Vista.

Takes a bit to get used to the file structure and where everything is at.

I was having an issue getting firefox to work on this and then I realized it installed it to my user folder instead of the program files. I had to custom install it to the C drive program files and then I was able to use it without any problems.

The desk top images are definitely nice to look at and everything looks really crisp.

Ok so I should have used my head and realized it wasn't a motherboard driver issue. I went to the wireless cards website and there is a driver listed on there for windows 7. If I wasn't bald I'd be a blonde. Unfortunately I don't think they've fully released it yet. It has a release date of 11/2/09 but it's a really small file and when I download it, it has two folders in it "Win7x64" and "Win7x86" (what's this x86 by the way? I have a seperate folder for these types of programs on my hard drive). And each one of those folders are really small and contain a system file, security catelog, and set up information. No actual setup.exe. I'm trying the vista drivers now which is a much bigger file. See if that fixes it.

Edited by dporter

x86 is for 32bits and x64 for 64bits operation systems.

They are inf's which is the simplest of drivers. Go into your device manager and update the driver. Point to the folder. 32bit vista and 7 is the x86

They should work.

ROCO*AFZ*

Has anyone gotten a student copy from digital river? It seems that they're selling it for $30 dollars but that it's an upgrade version. I want to make sure I can do a full clean install. I have a retail upgrade version of Windows XP as well as a product key from a version that was installed on a computer I bought a long time ago. I dunno, this whole upgrade versus full version is annoying.

Well, I ordered Win 7 Pro Full Version and was able to get the student discount. Downloaded the ISO image but I can't try it yet because I don't have any blank DVDs... doh!

Well, I ordered Win 7 Pro Full Version and was able to get the student discount. Downloaded the ISO image but I can't try it yet because I don't have any blank DVDs... doh!

Use the Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool to setup your ISO on a USB flash drive.

Major benefit is a faster Windows 7 install. :thumbsup:

Win7 USB Download Tool