Bastion de Pollux

bogiegraphics

So this is a pretty significant milestone map for a couple of reasons. First is the obvious in that this is a GRAW1 conversion map. Second, this is my 25th map that I have written mission scripts for since my first release December 26, 2008. In other words, I have released a map on average every 10.84 days. In addition, with all of the sp campaign and environments included, I have written 185 missions or essentially on average have had a mission released every 1.46 days!!

With that, Viper and the team at AGB have beta tested EVERY MAP since my very first "Training Grounds Small" with Zero_G, TripleX, Anthony, Porter & Twix testing nearlly every map. Hats off to these guys for really putting forth the effort to help making the best GRAW2 maps possible.

Note that this version does have differences than the beta Bastion de Pollux in that I redid quite a bit of the AI Graph and removed several trees in areas that were causing some scope lag.

Download Location ->DOWNLOAD

Mission Author: Bogie

File Size: 57.1 Mb

Version: 2.0

Description in the quotes below:

Bastion de Pollux

After the accidental nuking of Orion’s Tequila, we are taking Castor Pollux and his team of mercenaries very seriously. Assist the Mexican Loyalists under Colonel Jimenez in penetrating Castor’s stronghold properly named “Bastion de Pollux”. We need to capture Castor Pollux and remove his military assets.

Ghost Mission

1 Assist the Mexican Loyalists

2 Find the informant that will locate the military assets.

3 Destroy any military assets.

4 If Castor Pollux is still there, take him into custody

5 Extract

This map is a complete conversion of the GRAW1 Mission #5 “May Day, May Day” including some rather iconish GRAW1 props including the Stryker and CH47 Chinook transports. There are 12 missions within this bundle; Day1, Day2, Day3, Morning, Sand Storm and Night “coop_Bogie_Pollux” maps are designed for 3-4 online or LAN players. Each map consists of 333 Enemy AI and 2 Abrams Tanks and has been thoroughly tested on both LAN and Web servers with the standard and Brettzies weapon packs.

The Day1, Day2, Day3, Morning, Sand Storm and Night “coop_LoneWolf_Pollux” maps are designed for the single player, two player gamers or older specification servers. Due to the amount of textures, buildings and props, some older spec PCs and servers have had difficulties around the back areas. So please use the Lone Wolf version as it does have reduced activities. The differences with the LoneWolf versus the standard Bogie operations is that there is no storming at any spawn points, reduced Enemy AI alert levels and reduced enemy AI in general to 264 and only has 1 Abrams Tank.

60% of the Enemy AI for each version of the twelve maps has been rearranged to provide a different experience each time; especially between the four day versions.

Special Thanks the beta testers: Rocky @ Ghostrecon.net, Viper and his team @ AGB (agbgaming.com), Davros @ graw2.pbwiki.com, JohnTC02 (AKA Bushmaster), Ares and the rest of the OutlawZ clan, TAW_Rahnman, TAW_Goose, TAW_Zero, =EP_Geez, The Ghost Soldiers Elite - EBK52 & TripleX, Anthony, Vitale, Radiator, RPGhard, and Sightreader and his team.

In other words, I have released a map on average every 10.84 days. In addition, with all of the sp campaign and environments included, I have written 185 missions or essentially on average have had a mission released every 1.46 days!!

Is that the best you can do Bogie, you really must try harder!! :P

Seriously though what an amazing effort, without people like you scripting all these missions I think GRAW2 would have died out long ago. :thumbsup:

DOWNLOAD ENTRY ADDED

Amazing job and an utterly outstanding mod career, putting you in the GRAW2 Hall of Fame for sure.

Playing this map right now, can't believe how easy it is to virtually bump into the enemy even with the NV on!

Here's a short movie, watch me blunder right into a bad guy a few seconds in, then manage to pull off two shots while taking inccoming :D

Hi. I know the map is already released, but two members have had a gamecrash (quote) @ the same place in the same match. Maybe it is a common error of graw2, but the crashlog looks scary.

I hope this isnt a big problem and only happened to them.

Regards, ve a nice we

Ares

Crash in application version: 30899.3048

data\lib\units\extensions\inventory.dsf(-1): cant find member: hold_weapon in type <UE_ScriptExtension>

SCRIPT STACK:

data\lib\script_network\member.dsf(0)

data\lib\script_network\member.dsf(0)

data\lib\script_network\gametype\membercustom.dsf(0)

data\lib\script_network\identity.dsf(0)

data\lib\script_network\networkmanager.dsf(0)

data\lib\setups\setup.dsf(0)

data\level\level.dsf(0)

Renderer: threaded

Physics : threaded

Rescue Hostige Quadrat S5

• 2 weeks later...

try to edit the mission for the single player mode, but it crash. where is my mistake?

Crash in application version: 30899.3048

data\lib\managers\eventmanager.dsf(-1): cant find member: set_spawn_location in type <Gametype>

SCRIPT STACK:

data\lib\managers\eventmanager.dsf(0)

data\lib\managers\eventmanager.dsf(0)

data\lib\managers\worldmanager.dsf(0)

Renderer: normal

Physics : threaded

Hello Sieken05,

There are quite a few tasks that you need to complete prior to the conversion to SP mode. I would highly recommend taking missions from the Sanchez or Vitale campaign and compare them to the coop missions.

First and foremost, the "world_info.xml" needs significant adjustments to incorporate your team members and to change the game type

In the "mission.xml" you actually need to start the game and have two separate spawn points identified (sp & coop). In addition, you will need to replace the respawn points with save games or remove them. Third major change is to assure that you have a "loc_kill" that encompasses the entire map. You will also need to search & replace the "team_a" code with "campaign_team".

These are just off of the top of my head, so please compare the codes from a previous SP mission and you can see the differences. If you are still receiving errors, please let us know.

And just a quick request; I am going to be making another SP Campaign once I hit 10 coop missions or more just like the Sanchez and Vitale campaigns. So please do not release the work that you are doing to the public unless you completely change or remove the mission on the map.

Thanks,

Bogie

I'm looking forward to downloading and playing this mission mod. I also want to say that I'm glad that the useage of Brett's weapons mod was taken into consider for this as well, as his mod is a MUST for anybody playing this game.

Yo... UberBogie....

How did you get a GRAW1 map into GRAW2?

I almost think that map looks better in GRAW2 with the lighting the way it is. It's almost like the Graw1 version was summer-dry season while the Graw2 is winter-wet season.

At any rate well done.

And congrats on the mission publish statistics.

I have a document within this bundle that explains how to convert some of these over -> http://www.ghostrecon.net/files2/index.php...iew&id=1086

There is a real difference between how GRAW1 rendered their maps and GRAW2 as well as the coding behind it. With that, you made a great comment, AJ, where GRAW1 looked real dry and GRAW2 looked... well, rather slimey in some cases. GRAW2, you do lose some of the detail, but it has a character of its own.

For this mission, I actually used the GRAW1 textures for all of the buildings. However, the landscape looked a little cheezy, so I used the GRAW2 textures including the cobblestone roads. The Missions Missle Mayhem and Castor Fury I ended up using all of the GRAW1 textures where in Orion I experimented with replacing the Tequila Factory with all GRAW2 textures.

So you can play around with these a bit and see what looks best. The point is that we can take some of our favorite legacy buildings and bring them into our arsenal of props.

Later,

Bogie

• 2 months later...

Hi mates.

We just did the final recordings on this map and had one problem.

Our team was forced to create a new "custom-levels" folder and rename the old one so that "Bastion de Pollux" is the only one in the custom levels folder.

As the map was released we didnt had that problem. Is it possible that the remake of this map frim RPGHard "KILLZONE" causes the incompatibility?

Is there a way to fix it or simply keep one of those maps out of the "custom-levels" folder?

Regards

Ares

• 4 months later...

Thank you for all your missions :thumbsup: , but we didn't like Pollux. Why? Land mines. We quit playing after we had got killed several times. One or two kills are ok, but there are too many mines.

It was great fun until we entered the mines area, and then we stopped playing. We couldn't see the point with so many land mines.

We have enjoyed all your other missions though (without mines). ;)

Edited by nowind