Ghost Recon.net Forums
Cpl Ledanek

Batman: Asylum

:blink:

shippingpcbmgame2009081qzh.jpg

click pic for link

This will soon need it's own Official Batman: Asylum thread...watch :yes:

Installed, game looks fantastic, unfortunately it is unplayable on any controller apart from an xbox one as the movement is inverted. Did a quick Google on it and found confirmation, but no solution. There is an emulator but I couldn't get it to work.

Shame cause this was a definite purchase for me, but I'm not being forced into buying an MS controller! :wall:

This works with mouse and KB though right? Before I download it...

<_<

I think so, but it would be pointless really, the game has lots of fighting, like Tekken fighting but better, so a controller is pretty much the only way to do it.

Shame, game looks ace and is well received, but I've made a post on the eidos forums stating it's a lost sale from me until they fix it.

<_<

I think so, but it would be pointless really, the game has lots of fighting, like Tekken fighting but better, so a controller is pretty much the only way to do it.

Shame, game looks ace and is well received, but I've made a post on the eidos forums stating it's a lost sale from me until they fix it.

Just finished the demo and the fighting worked out ok with a keyboard and mouse. The moves seem to be scripted so as long as you hit the right combination of keys he will do the move . very good looking game

Would i buy it :rolleyes: Not on the strength of such a short demo !

I watched a video review for it a couple of nights ago and they really liked it. For £25 it might be a nice change of pace from a shooter.

<_<

Kb & mouse works very well for me,if you just move the character fast with wsad and click right or left mouse buttons there are quite a lot of combo's ..aka.. martial arts & some neat acrobatic moves, batman really flys lol.

For £25 it might be a nice change of pace from a shooter.

Game.co.uk have it for £18.99 Batman: Arkham Asylum - PC Games - GAME.co.uk

Hey it actually has quite good k/b mouse implementation!

I read this game has a good storyline so I'm thinking about getting it... Anyone know if the PC full version has any graphics options at all, as the demo has none.

It's well worth watching the trailer footage when you exit the game, one of the best game trailers I've ever seen, superb stuff.

No wonder this game is getting 90%+ reviews, if it's gameplay matches the eye candy and presentation it's a winner for sure.

Anyone know if the PC full version has any graphics options at all, as the demo has none.

Try the game setup in win xp its in Eidos folder in all programs, in vista or win 7 right click on the Batman icon and select the launcher in vista/win 7? game folder.

win xp demo game setup

baademosetup.png

baademosettings.png

If you arm batman with the batarang (right mouse) and click middle mouse there is a really cool camera action following the batarang. Cool demo and some nice graphical touches for the unreal 3 engine. This is a NVIDIA enhanced title with physX and antialiasing options which appear to only be available on nvidia hardware, apparentley there is some kind of workaround for ati hardware.

Batman: Arkham Asylum has made history by securing a Guinness World Record for ‘Most Critically Acclaimed Superhero Game Ever’!

Is the fighting similar to Assassins Creed?

Not played assasins creed myself but there is good stealth gameplay sneak up and takedown, interesting when batman hangs upside down and ropes the in-mates, some quite good tactical moves in batman arkham asylum.

Ah brilliant that's the kind of options I was looking for, in particular the anti aliasing. I'm ordering this game tonight!

Okay I found the settings thanks. Kind of strange that it's a seperate exe file from the main game.

The only thing is it keeps telling me I am not using the latest drivers, but I am... 191.07

Well the 191.07 (whql) are the newest drivers available for the GeForce 6 series through to the GeForce 200 series graphics cards on nvidia's official uk site for xp 32-bit right through to windows 7 64-bit, so the games hardware driver detection method is a bit funky then?, maybe a patch will sort that out?. It even says on nvidias official 191.07 WHQL driver download section ..."Up to 8% performance increase in Batman: Arkham Asylum with GPU PhysX enabled".

anti aliasing.

I'm using ati 4800 series graphics card, unfortunatley MSAA, Anti-aliasing is not available to select in the display settings for the demo but there is a workaround for the full game as long as you apply the 1.1 patch, no mention on the official eidos forum about MSAA working in the demo. Not too bothered by this as will be picking up a full retail copy soon.

I'm using ati 4800 series graphics card, unfortunatley MSAA, Anti-aliasing is not available to select in the display settings for the demo

It's there for my 7800.

Edit > Actually I am not sure it is anti-aliasing even with the setting on.

I switched off AA and switched off Vsynch, and my frames almost doubled from 20-30 average up to 40-50 during the fight scenes.

Never noticed any tearing at all so I don't think VSynch is going to be an issue.

I am not sure it is anti-aliasing even with the setting on.

In the games setup display menu it shows ...nvidia ™ multi sample anti-aliasing

The computer game programmer Tim Sweeney (known for his work on the Unreal Engine) said in an exclusive interview...

"Unreal Engine 3 uses deferred shading to accelerate dynamic lighting and shadowing. Integrating this feature with multisampling requires lower-level control over FSAA than the DirectX9 API provides. In Gears of War on Xbox 360, we implemented multisampling using the platform's extended MSAA features. On PC, the solution is to support multisampling only on DirectX 10".

Is Batman Arkham Asylum a DirectX 9 only game?, deffered shading/lighting isn't that a sort of masking/blurring technique used to hide the jaggies?, wasn't a similar technique used in stalker shadow of chernobyl and i'm sure graw used deffered shading or lighting and not true anti-aliasing techniques? ...hmmm! not sure? ...lol.

Anyway i have found the jaggies less visible at higher resolutions, i use 1680x1050 and for the most part in game aliasing/jaggies are not noticable, they don't really stand out like a saw thumb (cartoon style) except the batsuits long pointy ears haha. At lower resolutions like 1024x768 the jaggies look quite bad everywhere in game.

Nice price!

Not such a nice price now though, it was £18.99 from game.co.uk, it's now £29.99 ..in less than 24 hours.

great video review ... :rocky:

Ha ha ha that's some serious rabbit in a hat (only j/k), it got the big green tick of approval.

Oh man I didn't get around to ordering it while it was under £20 :wall::wall:

I am 3% into the full game and loving it. This is one drop dead GORGEOUS game. It's like tomb raider on steroids but without the mensa puzzles. I watched the games 3 minute intro THREE times before I got around to even playing it, and as I play it I keep wanting to stop and start recording with fraps to capture the awesome visuals and camera angles.

Along with the great story there's a bunch of unlockables grouped into two categories. Fighting combos are unlocked by gaining XP, and other special unlocks are gained by solving riddler puzzles. Additionally there's a whole challenge section to unlock too.

Top top game.

Any true Batman fan would have to have this one!!

Glad some of you are enjoying it, me too! Just got over the 50% point. My son has informed me that the next one is right around the corner. Here's the link.

http://arkhamhasmoved.com/

Nice! didn't know about that. *rushes off to complete Arkham*