Ghost Recon.net Forums

Advice on buying a PC

This computer at MESH is top of your budget

http://www.meshcomputers.com/Default.aspx?...&KEY=490066

But it won't run Crysis Wars at all high settings with it's 1900 resolution.

For example, these benchmarks show that card can only manage 36 FPS on Far Cry 2 on all high at a lower 1680 resolution.

Assuming Crysis Wars is a simialr resource hog as Far Cry 2 (?) then you'd need to upgrade that graphics card.

Hope that helps!

No adding a second card is generally something you do when trying to get some extended life out of an older PC.

For a new build put in the best card you can afford. Usually set your budget, then visit a benchmarking site that ranks all cards and come down from the top of the list until you hit your price.

I posted a link here somewhere to a huge list, I'll try and find it later.

Even the 'old' Crysis is still quite a bit more hardware-demanding than Far Cry 2 (e.g. have a look here for a direct comparison), so you will probably need loads of horsepower in the GPU department. Multi-card SLI can still deliver a mixed bag of performance on occasion, depending on e.g. how well a game is optimized for multi-threading, so I second Rocky's recommendation to rather buy one very good card than two good ones for the same price.

For an overview of GPU performance have a look here.