Ghost Recon.net Forums
Snake@War

Any active servers out there?

Hope you weren't needing a quick response on this... that doesn't often happen these days... <_<

There's the TEK / Alpha Squad server... that's always up... apart from that, check xFire or GameRanger and hope for the best... :thumbsup:

Actually, the quickest way to get some action might be to throw up a server on GameRanger... otherwise, you can be in for long wait. :(

- Gache

Edited by Gache

There are often servers up, but it depends on what you're looking for.

Xfire is the best way I know of to find ppl and stay in contact with them. Plus the program has a server listing.

So with the GR forever server down possibly forever where to play next

any ideas

GameRanger. It's a free gaming program that people can host games through. There's almost always at least one game going, and my clan (TOS) are usually playing around 6PM CST every day or the other.

CLAN ED : 95.215.63.21

The GR Forever server will return! After our provider Primary Target just closed shop and ran with our money, I'm looking for new providers right now. Might be a while, though, as I don't want to experience the same kind of rip-off again.

been thinking, ive got a few spare boxes, and a vaguely static ip, could be running a server, how do i get it to show up on xfire?

We had the Xfire client running and (logged into Xfire) on the server 24/7 to broadcast the server on Xfire at all times. While some people seem to fear Xfire is "spyware" my experience with it so far is just fine and without issues.

Xfire is great, but I was really surprissed with the simplicity and effectiveness of GameRanger.

Haven't read anything regarding putting up a dedi in GameRanger tho', I always assumed it couldnt be done. Any ideas?

GameRanger currently supports dedicated server only on Mac, AFAIK. Should maybe drop a line at GameRanger support to add this feature to the PC version.

How do you host a server on xfire. I have tried in the past,but it never makes on to the server list. I would play this every day if I can either host a server all the time, or find a core group of people to play with. I have a kick ass pc that can as a server client.

Not used xfire for a while, but. Pretty sure you need people who have xfire running, to join your server for it to register.