Windows 7 UK preorder opens (selling out Fast)

Pave Low

Windows 7 is now available to preorder in the UK at the special "while stocks last" discount price

Windows 7 Pre-order Promotional Price

Windows 7 Pre-Order offer starts at 00:00 BST on 15 July 2009 and ends at 23:59 BST on 9 August.

Offer is subject to promotional stock availability

This item will be released on October 22, 2009.

I've just ordered my 3 copies :D

Amazon.co.uk:

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium E @ £ 44.97 !! (Normal price £ 149.99)

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional E @ 89.97 (Normal price 219.99)

grab em while they’re hot they will soon go :)

Well it appears that Amazon have sold out of Windows 7 Home Premium E (and at that price no wonder)

Amazon said that sales of Windows 7 in the first eight hours it was available outstripped those of Windows Vista's entire 17 week pre-order period.

and although the listing for Home Premium has now appeared back on the site again, but with a header "This item is currently not available." and no price listed

for those that missed out, it is still available from Play.com but at the Microsoft price of £49.99

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium E / Retail

[edit]

and both versions are listed as "out of stock" at Ebuyer (if they ever had it in stock)

Tesco.com only have Windows 7 Professional @ £ 99.97

pcworld still lists Home Premium E as available at £44.99 BUT with a delivery price of £4.84

comet still lists Home Premium E as available at £ 49.99

currys still lists Home Premium E as available at £ 44.99 BUT with a delivery price of £ 5.95

Edited by Pave Low

confirmed that the "special deal" is over at Amazon.co.uk (they exhausted their stock allocation in the first 8 hours)

they are now listing:

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium E at the regular preorder price of £ 74.97 (£ 149.99 in Jan 2010)

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional E at the regular preorder price of £ 179.97 (£ 219.99 in Jan 2010)

[edit]

the "special deal" is also over at Play.com, they are now using the regular preorder prices too

Edited by Pave Low

Yep, knew they would go fast so grabbed mine straight away at lunchtime the first day,

especially once I saw that amazon's price was even lower than the £49.99 suggested by MS for the "special"

Japan only took 1.5 days (of the 10 days planned) to burn though the alloted inventory (30,000 copies) of "heavily discounted " Win 7 preorder

the 17 retailers involved reported sales as "considerable"